+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Creating photolists of students based on assessment data in SIMs in Technical; Hiya We are looking to create a report that we can give to individual class teachers identifying groups of students ...

Thank Post

Creating photolists of students based on assessment data in SIMs

Hiya
    We are looking to create a report that we can give to individual class teachers identifying groups of students that are underachieving in their lessons eg (ethnicity, free school meals, In Care etc). On this we would like to have the class name, the students in that class who are in a particular group and each students photo... for example if I teach GCSE IT I would need a list with all the students on free school meals (or any underperfroming group) who are underperming in my class... We use benchmarks (targets for stduents) and then derive performance based on this... we record all this information in SIMs but for the life of me I can't get a report to bring this information together... has anyone been able to do something similar to this?

Thank Post
    Don't your teachers have access to SIMS? If they did assessment manager traffic lights would tell them everything they need to know.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilNeal View Post
    Don't your teachers have access to SIMS? If they did assessment manager traffic lights would tell them everything they need to know.
    Hiya... We do use assessment manager... Not come across traffic lights??? What is that???
    Thanks for your help
    Darryl

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,306 Times in 1,088 Posts
    Using formula aspects to compare current to target grades and colouring the results - Red Amber Green (traffic lights), to show progress towards or beyond target. It takes some setting up though. You can also do grade analyses.
    I think you should also look into Discover the free analysis add on to SIMS, which allows you to create focus groups, including things like FSM, ethnicity, attendance, as well as cross over the categories. It can make dynamic groups from your settngs and keep them up to date.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread