+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Problems with SIMS and .Net Framework 4 in Technical; Afternoon all! This could be a daft yet obvious question/answer that I'm just not seeing... We've recently rolled out W7 ...
    Thank Post

Problems with SIMS and .Net Framework 4

Afternoon all!

This could be a daft yet obvious question/answer that I'm just not seeing...

We've recently rolled out W7 and new PC's for the Teachers to use, and have tried to ensure that they were all updated and ready to go, bar SIMS which is running Spring version (I think...

I've had a few teachers come today to report that they were unable to log into SIMS this morning, so I popped over to a few of them to take a look at the problem.

They double-click onto SIMS, enter their password, but get the following error message:

"This application requires the full version of the Microsoft .NET Framework 4, which includes both the Client Profile and Extended components."

I've checked to make sure that NET Framework 4 is installed, and I currently have both Client and Extended installed, and updated.

Has anyone else had this type of problem? Is anyone seeing a very obvious fix that I'm missing?

Could be me, as it's been one of those days and I'm very close to breaking my diet for a slab of chocolate, beer, and biscuits.

Thank Post
    Are you sure? .net Full isn't available via Windows Update. Only the client profile. If you've installed .net 4 full after SIMS, you might want to run simsapplicationsetup.exe again. I've got an app somewhere that gives you a quick easy prompt if .net 4 full is installed, no requirements - like .net 2. I'll PM you a linky.

3. Thanks to matt40k from:

happymeal (7th September 2011)

Thank Post
    I've only enabled .net 4 in WSUS, not installed anything on workstations, and they seem to have upgraded themselves fine. Except for one that turned out to have not been installing updates for months, 101 when I fixed it with proxycfg -d

Thank Post
    Managed to fix this yesterday - was literally a numpty moment!
    I ran SIMSINST again to re-install/repair it, and that seemed to fix the problem I was having and re-installed the framework for me and the user was able to log in.
    I also installed .net 4 full on a seperate PC that was also having the same problems, and they were able to log in after as well.
    Cheers though!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread