+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, SharePoint Sims in Technical; we have integrated sims web part with sharepoint but we need a way to consolidate users in bulk with active ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

SharePoint Sims

we have integrated sims web part with sharepoint but we need a way to consolidate users in bulk with active directory. Has anyone tried this?
    kevin lane / Tony
    WestPark
    www.westpark.derby.sch.uk

Thank Post

Re: SharePoint Sims

We will have a tool available to automate this by October 2007.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

humm not really want i wanted to hear lol but never mind so is their no other way to import all this data because we have 1400 kids and plus their parents to enter into this

Thank Post

Kevin there are ways - your support unit should be able to assist you. Failing that if you would like to send me your details I can get someone to talk it through with you.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

yea please

Thank Post

I have written an app that does a Datapump of pupils/personel information(Name/Class) directly from the MSSQL database, it writes the data from the database to an encrypted file. It also datapumps the classes group and creates security/distribution groups accordingly.

I have written a second app that allows you to define what data is what, IE you can set descriptions of user type, class names(security groups), distribution groups etc. <-- it has lots of cool features

The software allows you to use a secure ftp transfer from one site to another (ie sims server to ldap server). Although either Microsoft FTP server must be enabled or a third party app.

I am in the process of ironing out any legal issues this has before releasing it, I don't want capita taking legal action against me and I definitely want to make sure I stick within the CPA regulations!

I do have a problem “updating” users with this app but I’m pretty sure with the right amount of time/resources/funding I can iron out any remaining issues.

Any feed back on something like this would be great and I would be happy to take a few beta testers on board, those people would have to apreciate this software is still in development and is not ready for final release or to be used in a production environment.

Phil: It may be that you haven’t begun developing this yet and it may be of some use to you? If so, let me know, I will be happy to work with Capita to develop this.

P.s I am working on a few other management systems and I can do custom data pumps to your needs, contact me to discuss your requirements..

Thank Post

Hi,
    I'm Tony Phillips at West Park School.
    We have hundred of active directory users which have to be consolidated with SIMs users.
    Is there anyway this software or a is there a procedure which can do this in batch. we are currently logging on as each user and the using SIMs admin to consolidate the SIMS username and password.
    This means we have to do this procedure thousands of times for each parent, student and teacher.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

We can export the usernames and password but we are not able to import the data into sims to consolidate the two usernames.

Thanks,
    Tony

Thank Post

Integrating AD with SharePoint

[quote=kevin_lane;82483]we have integrated sims web part with sharepoint but we need a way to consolidate users in bulk with active directory. Has anyone tried this?
    kevin lane / Tony
    WestPark

Hi Tony,
    There are two companies that are already doing this. Salamander Soft and Tools4Ever.
    Here at Derby City Council we are integrating MIS users with Active Directory using Salamander.
    We are not at a point to create Classes in SharePoint just yet as the AD is the priority to accomodate EOY, but it will soon be implemented.

Thanks

David

Thank Post
    What an old topic!!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread