+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, I-Sams in the flesh in Technical; Dear Users, For the first time in my career I feel let down by my own orginisational skills. I have ...

Thank Post

I-Sams in the flesh

Dear Users,

For the first time in my career I feel let down by my own orginisational skills.

I have recently taken up a post at a top school in bogota and I am tasked with finding my school an independent school focused MIS.

Based on the talk of this forum I understand I-sams is all the rage.

Obviously working with spanish/english speaking staff I am going to need an MIS which is first off, user friendly and easy to intepret even if the language barrier is quite high.

I have been told the usability of this tool is particularly high, i would be very interested if someone has any marketing based screen shots they could send me. I will be showing these to my head (new boss) on landing, to show what may be the first school to use Isams in columbia!

Any other interesting facts/snippets would be greatly appreciated!

In general how does everyone think it will meet the expectations of a foreign independent?

Thank Post
    Hi

We have just recently moved over to an Independant School only provider and ISAMS was one of those that we looked at. However they are not the only major Independant provider out there and the other one which I feel you would need to add to your list of viewing is Schoolbase by Furlong Business Solutions. This is the company we went with and all though their product is not as pretty as iSAMS the quality of service we have seen of them has been above and beyond our expectations! They sell a service rather than a product and they customise their product to meet the needs of the schools as best as possible. We had numerous tweaks that were needed to make the software feel like ours and they have dones these admirably. They also do have a large number of Independant Schools already that are international. They are definetly worth a look.

Thank Post
    Hi
    Its a bit hard to send you "marketing" screenshot as all our screens contain information pertaining to our pupils. We have been on iSAMS for 2 full years. If you would like any further information regarding this system, then please feel free to send me a private message with your contact details. I would be happy to answer any questions.

Thank Post
    Great input thanks guys. Im obviously not looking for any screen shots containing any data. Any input greatly appreciated.

Thank Post
    All the screens contain data. Surely iSAMS could provide you with marketing screen shots of dummy data. Have you asked them?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 1,143 Posts
    One of their guys hangs around here, but they aren't a sponsor so can't advertise. Why not google them and head over to the website, it doesn't have much on it apart from a list of the schools that have implemented successfully. If you get in touch, they'll send you out a brochure.

I got one a while back. One of the sales guys, if he's still there, is called Stuart Reid.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 1,143 Posts
    By the way, which school are you at? There is a SIMS school in the area i think, be interesting to see how they find it in the environment.
    Buena suerte!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread