+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, T6 - Lock scheduled sessions in Technical; Hi, We have an issue within T6 in that we have linear blocks with a few subjects therein. When we ...

Thank Post

T6 - Lock scheduled sessions

Hi,

We have an issue within T6 in that we have linear blocks with a few subjects therein. When we want to move a couple of sessions around, T6 decides to jumble the rest of the subjects around for no reason despite manually seeing there is a way for the move.

When I lock the sessions down so only leave the sessions I want to move unlocked it still jumbles and the lock does nothing.

Is there a sure fire way of locking sessions down or moving sessions around a linear block without risking the whole block being jumbled?

Thanks

Thank Post
    In my experience when the individual classes are locked (soft seems enough) on the block screen, they will stay put when more are built in. But if you're manually moving them around on the block screen, then the ones you move are the only ones that will move.

Are you trying to move them on the block screen?

Thank Post
    Yes, so we have a subject with a double that wants moving. Pick out manually what could move where, hard lock the sessions that wont be touched - but still they move around in locked sessions when I build the block.

Thank Post
    I don't think it should do that, but it could be that they can't go back in any other way. Anyway, once you've removed all the classes that need to be moved, manually put them back in the right place (drag'n'drop), don't build the block. If something won't fit you'll find out.

Thank Post
    If you lock the period (e.g. Tuesday Pd 3 or whatever) then the block will retain "ownership" of the period if you unbuild the block, but this doesn't lock the contents. You llock the contents of the period in the same way (i.e. by right-clicking etc.) so that they also go green (if hard lock). Unbuilding the block will then keep the contents of this period too.

On the other hand, I might have misunderstood the problem...

Glenn

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennTaylor View Post
    If you lock the period (e.g. Tuesday Pd 3 or whatever) then the block will retain "ownership" of the period if you unbuild the block, but this doesn't lock the contents. You llock the contents of the period in the same way (i.e. by right-clicking etc.) so that they also go green (if hard lock). Unbuilding the block will then keep the contents of this period too.

On the other hand, I might have misunderstood the problem...

Glenn
    This doesn't happen though (or it didn't when I was playing with the timetable).

When I locked a session from a block to a period on the timetable, that session would stay put. When I locked a subject within a block, if I unbuilt the block then it would remove every session from the block regardless.

This caused great confusion when using the autoscheduling because it seemed to move subjects arround within the blocks at random too when trying to schedule. An example, T6 built a block with 2 art sessions on at the same time. We partially built the block, locking the Art sessions at different times, then built the rest of the block. We then unlocked the Art subjects, tried to autoschedule the blocks and T6 shuffled the block arround so that the 2 Art sessions were on at the same time again! It turned out that it seemed to be the only way to schedule that block, however there was no prompt, warning or mention anywhere that it would rebuild a built block when trying to schedule (that I've seen anyway)

Thank Post
    We have had a similar issue here, the solution (for us) was to "manually" build the block by moving the lessons around rather than use the build button.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread