+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Assigning form reports to a head of year???????/ in Technical; Our heads of year do a report for each pupils main report. We use a mix of individual reports and ...
    Thank Post

Assigning form reports to a head of year???????/

Our heads of year do a report for each pupils main report. We use a mix of individual reports and some custom VBA for all other subjects at the moment.
    I am wanting to use profiles to do these hoy reports with a view to moving all subjects over eventually. Now I have everything set up as I want it and the form tutors can see the reports if I use the Pastoral Overview or in our case we have the reg groups set up as classes as we have a different reg organisation on Wed.
    The thing is I want the hoy to be editing the reports.
    They are defined as head of year under pastoral and head of dept under the registration course. I have been onto our support and they say that only curricular and pastoral managers can see and edit (but not make selections) the reports in review mode! Is this true can anyone think of a way round this? This was the last thing I was expecting and at this rate the hoy is going to end up logging on as each of the form tutors grrrr!!

Help please.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,487 Times in 1,234 Posts
    We use AM7 and if you assign a marksheet to a year group, the HOY can access no problem. They can also see all the sub marksheets for each reg too.
    Obviously, this doesn't help you with profiles, however, profiles is able to pull in data from AM7, so maybe you could use that to help..? Unless it's the comment back feature that you want in which case, i'm talking rubbish.
    Can't you make them pastoral managers? If you install summer update with the new Sysman7 you could create your own cut down version of pastoral manager group, and maybe remove the bits you don't want them to have and still retain the edit rights..

Thank Post
    Yes I was expecting the same behaviour as AM7 but was sadly disappointed. I think I am just going to assign her to the registration class (our registration course) with the normal form tutor and keep moving her as she needs to do another set. Not ideal as I don't like to keep going in and out of T6 but it's the best I can come up with at the moment.

Thank Post
    If it works with pastoral overview permission, then you are able to allocate someone to multiple reg groups in the pastoral structure. This would save having to go into T6 all the time as there'll be no scheduling clash. It shouldn't matter whether your linking it to reg or the reg class.

Thank Post
    I tried that yesterday it didn't want to work. I know it should of worked as the normal form tutor worked, i'm wondering if there was anywhere else I need to refresh apart from saving the pastoral structure?

Thank Post
    No, maybe just close profiles and re-open. Sometimes the secondary permissions don't all work, e.g. adding a second supervisor to a course.
    Did you use the joint main supervisor type to add them, that's the only one i think will do the trick, i'm sure that's the only one that lets them see AM7 marksheets.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread