+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Attaching a member of staff to a marksheet in Technical; Any idea on how to add another member of staff to be able to see a marksheet that already has ...

Thank Post

Attaching a member of staff to a marksheet

Any idea on how to add another member of staff to be able to see a marksheet that already has someone assigned to it?

Thank you!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,294 Times in 884 Posts
    Hi @emlewi

unfortunately this is not such a simple task in SIMS (as far as I know, always happen to be proven wrong though!)

Here are a couple of ways I have done it (it'll depend greatly on whether it's a quick fix, a permanent change and what type of group the marksheet focuses on):
    1. add the class to the persons timetable if it is a class marksheet (making them a joint class teacher), or add them as a supervisor in pastoral manager if it is a reg group marksheet
    2. add them as a course supervisor in course manager - this will give them access to ALL marksheets related to classes in that subject
    3. create a user defined group with the students in the class set as memebers, and the staff member in question as supervisor

Thank Post
    Thank you!

We will try this and get backto you!!

Thank Post
    add the class to the persons timetable if it is a class marksheet (making them a joint class teacher), or add them as a supervisor in pastoral manager if it is a reg group marksheet
    add them as a course supervisor in course manager - this will give them access to ALL marksheets related to classes in that subject
    create a user defined group with the students in the class set as memebers, and the staff member in question as supervisor
    LosOjos is right, all of these ways work and i have had to resort to them at times. But the best way is get the person on the timetable.

I have taught our staff to go through the Focus>Assessment>Marksheet Entry route for other teachers' markbooks. I have given standard names to all the marksheets they need so most can find their way.

Thank Post
    To do the above you may need to change the permissions in SIMS System so that other teachers mark sheets are visible from Assessment>Marksheet entry
    Last edited by number34; 17th June 2011 at 04:43 PM. Reason: missed a bit!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,294 Times in 884 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by number34 View Post
    To do the above you may need to change the permissions in SIMS System so that other teachers mark sheets are visible from Assessment>Marksheet entry
    true, but I'd be reluctant to grant anything more than read only access this way as it's an "all or nothing" approach - only takes one plonker to edit another teacher's marksheets and you have a full scale whinge-fest on your hands!

Thank Post
    All teaching staff are Assessment Operators on our system.

I find that apathy, sorry professionalism, tends to stop the editing of other staff marksheets. Not yet had a problem here...........now I've gone and said it!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,487 Times in 1,234 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skunk View Post
    All teaching staff are Assessment Operators on our system.

I find that apathy, sorry professionalism, tends to stop the editing of other staff marksheets. Not yet had a problem here...........now I've gone and said it!
    You're very lucky then. I wouldn't give that level of access simply because they would make all manner of inadvertent changes if left to play willy nilly. If i don't lock resultsets, the grades wouldn't even end up in the correct marksheets even though they're the owners.

I'm with @LosOjos 's methods.

One thing i have done which could work for @emlewi depending on purpose is to create a custom permission group that gives result read access to all staff. This then allows any data report designed to show assessment results to function for any user. If the purpose is to just view the data in the marksheet then it's fairly easy to set up some reports to extract that info out.

If the purpose is to edit the data, then i would add them on the timetable for completeness. The only exception to this we have is when certain proof readers are given extra privilege to go in and edit, and they then get added to the course as supervisors, but i don't really like that method.

Thank Post
    I also would love that feature, sims really sucks....

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread