+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Assessment - Visual Reports, Graphs, Targeting of Specifc Groups in Technical; Hi everyone, We are a SIMS school and I believe we have used SIMS AM to its full functionality. We ...
    dsm

Thank Post

Assessment - Visual Reports, Graphs, Targeting of Specifc Groups

Hi everyone,

We are a SIMS school and I believe we have used SIMS AM to its full functionality. We are looking to provide staff with graphs, traffic light indicators etc. by exporting the SIMS data to a third-party application/web site so that we can do this.

Some leaflets I have on my desk include Welcome, GO 4 Schools - real-time assessment, attendance and behaviour data online, makes it easy for the SLT, middle leaders, classroom teachers, students and parents to access clear, appropriate, meaningful views of that information - online, 24/7 : GO 4 Sc and stars4schools.com - this is the sort of thing we are looking at.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a product that would do this? Possibly one of the above or another is you know of it and know it to be good.

Many thanks

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dsm View Post
    ..We are a SIMS school and I believe we have used SIMS AM to its full functionality. We are looking to provide staff with graphs, traffic light indicators etc. by exporting the SIMS data to a third-party application/web site so that we can do this....
    Can I assume that you already have Traffic Lighting set up in AM7 and that it isn't good enough for you?

And have you exhausted all the possibilites within SIMS Discover!
    After all, SIMS Discover has only been out a few weeks!
    Last edited by Sivadam; 17th June 2011 at 02:25 PM.

Thank Post
    Go4Schools is the re-badge of Stars4Schools, so that reduced that list by one :-)

For KS4 only currently, highly recommend 4Matrix.

You might also want to look at SISRAonline & Dashboards for School Improvement.

The SIMS Discover tool will start to give you some of this, but has a long way to go to provide much of the computational analysis that is offered as standard within these sort of 3rd party tools.

No doubt you will get a post or two suggesting that you have not actually used AM to its full functionality (e.g. it does traffic lights), but I certainly dont blame you if you are looking at other tools that give a really professional analysis, presentation of data and ease of engagement with the data for staff.

Good luck.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 729 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivadam View Post
    And have you exhausted all the possibilites within SIMS Discover!
    After all, SIMS Discover has only been out a few weeks!
    Discover in it's current format cannot provide the analysis that schools require - I'm sure it'll get there, but for now it's not good enough - one major problem being the awkwardness of filtering and the fact that trying to add more than one filter defaults to (with no way of changing) an 'and' clause rather than an 'or': that alone wipes out most useful graphs that could be created! Rob from Capita got a good few pages full of necessary improvements from our training group the other day

Another one worth looking at is SISRA [http://www.sisraonline.com] I haven't used it a lot yet, but have seen it in action and we are going to be using it from August up until Discover is capable of delivering what we need it to
    Last edited by LosOjos; 17th June 2011 at 03:11 PM.

dsm

Thank Post
    Thanks everyone, keep them coming.

Resin1: We already produce traffic light spreadsheets in SIMS but we want to do that and more :0)

Thank Post
    Hiya

I write software called S4L which does this. Its built around SERCO currently, however its not that hard to make it run with SIMS. All data comes from the database or csv's if you prefer and allows fine analysis of a whole cohort or an infinite number of user defined Identified Groups.

My site is a bit out of date (I have a day job!!) but I can demo through MIKOGO too The Peele Community College: Peele Software

Cheers

Ash

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AshEarl View Post
    Hiya

I write software called S4L which does this. Its built around SERCO currently, however its not that hard to make it run with SIMS. All data comes from the database or csv's if you prefer and allows fine analysis of a whole cohort or an infinite number of user defined Identified Groups.

My site is a bit out of date (I have a day job!!) but I can demo through MIKOGO too The Peele Community College: Peele Software

Cheers

Ash
    Could this be accessed by pupils using an AD logins? I know it's an old thread, could you please let me know if you're still developing the software? Perhaps it's better if you pm me.
    Thanks

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread