+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
MIS Systems Thread, Email parents through CMIS in Technical; Originally Posted by LosOjos Without even seeing pcstru's utility, I can tell you now it would be very simple to ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,306 Times in 1,088 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    Without even seeing pcstru's utility, I can tell you now it would be very simple to make it pull whatever group you like from the database, might need a little tweaking sure but that's the advantage of having the know how to do so. In an hour you could even have a menu built in so the end user can select groups on the fly, much like SchoolComms.

And in this particular instance, pcstru's program is 100% more useful than SchoolComms, as SchoolComms doesn't work with CMIS at all!
    The best benefit of CMIS is that you are allowed to access the database using SQL, so @pcstru 's utility is infinitely more user friendly, reliable and accessible for any number of groups if it needs to be.

@LosOjos - do you think we should give @pcstru the password to access our scripting club

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 729 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    @LosOjos - do you think we should give @pcstru the password to access our scripting club
    @vikpaw - why not? The more the merrier I say (PS - what is our password lol?)

Thank Post
    I wouldn't mind a copy of @pcstru 's little program. We use CMIS here and I'm sure I could tweak whatever is needed to pull out the relevant data. Any chance you could send me it? Of upload it on here whatever? Cheers

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,306 Times in 1,088 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    @vikpaw - why not? The more the merrier I say (PS - what is our password lol?)
    id0nTKN0w!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by themightymrp View Post
    I wouldn't mind a copy of @pcstru 's little program. We use CMIS here and I'm sure I could tweak whatever is needed to pull out the relevant data. Any chance you could send me it? Of upload it on here whatever? Cheers
    I need to remove some of our information before posting but I'll do that over the next few days then post it up.

Thank Post
    Spreadsheet attached. This will not work for anyone out of the box! You will need to provide the server and database identifiers before you can pull data from CMIS. You may need to modify the SQL if your table owners are "dbo".

There is a lot of code associated with sending SMS via the BulkSMS service (quite cheap if you buy in bulk) using the HTTP interface. Some of it is a little obscure - it's just the way it IS.

One aspect of this that makes it less flexible than it could be (i.e. just being able to modify the SQL to control selection) is the processing of data to show which of the selection will need to receive postal copies (if necessary, i.e. they have no email address or mobile phone number) and also processing to minimise postage by trying to ensure that if letters are sent, only one letter is sent to each house (in cases where muoltiple recipients live at the same address).
    Attached Files Attached Files

7. Thanks to pcstru from:

themightymrp (20th June 2011)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12