+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
MIS Systems Thread, SIMS - Academic Year 'Roll Back the year' in Technical; Originally Posted by emlewi I have tried that and when I add 'Class' the column doesnt populate with any data? ...

-28° 31' 48.89", +28° 25' 37.42" ... if only.
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by emlewi View Post
    I have tried that and when I add 'Class' the column doesnt populate with any data? I have tried clicking 'calculate' and refresh but that doesnt do anything either.....
    Are these pupils still on roll. This may be that they lose their class when they are made a user. If they are currently on roll... you've reached the limits of my Assessment knowledge I'm afraid.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,466 Times in 1,218 Posts
    In order for the class column to populate, you must associate the template with a course. There is a button for this near the top where you select a course, in the same way that you select a course to create the marksheets.

This means that the whole template will only show the classes for that student in that course e.g. maths / english etc. Next you create a marksheet for the course which is the section futher down after creating columns of data. Click on the top level part of the tree no on the individual classes.

If you do this for Keystage 3 courses for example, you will have all 3 sets of year groups in there y7,8,9. So further up it's helpful to add a group filter to shrink it down to only Y7.

This means that for practical purposes you need to create multiple copies of this template and change the course it's associated with and the group filter. It is however very useful for heads of department to look at.

It really depends on which columns you have in your template as to exactly how you need to do it.

In terms of collecting the data, you should be getting the teachers to input the data and therefore it makes sense to create marksheets per class anyway, so it can be input that way. The course overview / year overview would then merely collate all the entered data together as a view for HoDs or HoYs.

It would not be easily possible to add data in onto a whole year group marksheet because the only person that could do it would be the HoY who is the only person with permission to view, or for a course marksheet, the HoD. The only other party with permission is an assessment operator / manager who can view everything. This would only be an option if you have a data inputter whose task it is to specifically input data for all.

Lastly, in terms of seeing previous marksheets. The only person who will see the historic data easily will be the assessment operator or manager. They can roll back the result date and populate any marksheet. It's probably that if the name of a course / timetable group changes which they often do, especially the allocated teacher, that the teacher for this year, taught a different timetable class last year, so they will never see last years marksheets. If by fluke the group name is the same they may be able to roll back the date as suggested. It's a weird one this, because reg groups stay the same so marksheets for them just work year on year, but a while ago, the name of the class marksheets changed to have the academic year added. So "Ma1/1" became "Ma1/1 10/11" This further forces the difference between marksheets year on year.

I hope that makes sense, i'm in a rush to go share cake in the staffroom, but please ask any more questions.
    vik

Thank Post
    Hi,

This is really helpful - thank you!

I think this is something we will use for the new academic year and set up the templates in this way. As all of our templates/marksheets are set up in a particular way there would be no point changing them all now.

can I ask is there a way that you can archive all the previous years assessment data in one folder? so it is easily accessed and we know where everything is?

Thank you!

Thank Post
    The easiest way would be to export the marksheets into excel (unformatted) and then you can save them all seperately.

There is an export button across the top of each marksheet.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,466 Times in 1,218 Posts
    As Brucy said export the data, using large cross curricular marksheets, if you need to keep hardcopies.

All the data is archived in the system anyway, based on the date, but ideally it should be tied to a resultset. Then you can just access it that way.

The next year you'll need new marksheets to be created for the majority of your templates and new data will go in. Same template mind.

What you can do is rename the templates with a z_ prefix or something to move them out of your way, so you can have quick access to them, and then use new ones for the present year if that's what you need. What you'll find though is that you'll reuse your templates year on year.

The next stage you'll be making comparative marksheets to compare grades from Y10 to Y11 for example then calculating the differences and storing them, or working out value added.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12