+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, [SIMS] Extract CTF for RAISEOnline in Technical; I have been asked to set KS4 targets for our year 9 students for their entry into year 10. RAISEOnline ...
    CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

[SIMS] Extract CTF for RAISEOnline

I have been asked to set KS4 targets for our year 9 students for their entry into year 10. RAISEOnline say first I have to upload pupil data with a CTF, but then say they can't tell me what I have to put in the CTF. The screen to make one has tick boxes galore.

Anyone know what I have to export from SIMS to make a compatible CTF for target setting? Thanks!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,466 Times in 1,218 Posts
    Basic Details and Assessment Data would be my guess. Though if they are going to want to factor in demographic data, then you'll want SEN, address and looked after as well.
    Never used RAISE apart from testing in the early days so not offay with the whole shebang.

3. Thanks to vikpaw from:

CAM (25th May 2011)

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    OK I worked this out, I just uploaded basic details and assessment as you said Vik. Workeda charm but...now I lack KS2 results! It's a pain updating them one-by-one on the site so going to try upload another CTF.

Trouble is our KS2 results are mostly hard copy bar a few that came in on an inbound CTF and not on SIMS!

Where does SIMS store a student's KS2 results so I can pop them into a marksheet? It'd be much easier then the search, click tab, drop down, enter, save, back to search routine in RAISEOnline.

Thank Post
    I think it changed, but there should be a document for it, that involved running a wizard, available on supportnet.
    I remember there being aspects to import and also resultsets -> Key Stage 2 validated result set. The aspects may have been ks2 maths value or level. They changed from one year to the next, and i'm pretty sure they aren't used now, but they would be the ones if you can find the right aspects.
    It's the same aspects you have to put data into ready for sending returns back to government, so it should be documented somewhere. They should then go across.
    Maybe you can look for the few results that have come in, and see where they are stored.

6. Thanks to vikpaw from:

CAM (27th June 2011)

Thank Post
    Like @vikpaw, I've not dealt with UK official stuff in a while. I too vaguely remember the early days of RAISE, when it was rubbish! We didn't use it.

Regarding KS2 results, there is / was a website that you could log in to, paste in a bunch of UPNs and then get given a CTF file to download that contained all the KS2 results. The site was quite basic, but it worked a treat. Unfortunately I can't for the life of me remember what it was called as I've not used it in 4 or 5 years. Let me Google...

...I think it's this site: Key to Success.

8. Thanks to NorthernSands from:

CAM (27th June 2011)

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Think I nailed it.

EDIT - Whoops! Incorrect.

Replace where appropriate for Maths and Science. Now to get cracking with this folder and the missing grades...

Thanks for the help guys!
    Last edited by CAM; 27th June 2011 at 12:29 PM.

Thank Post
    @CAM; sounds about right for the official T/A returns, but I honestly thought (unless it's changed) that actual results went in the 'KS2 Validated Results' Result Set. I think the CTF download I mentioned puts them in the right place.

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Northern, I just dug up a bunch of Data Entry marksheets that seem to match the pattern of my RAISEOnline blanks. They use Validated Results aspects and yet another Aspect (KS2: English Test Lev).

Does this look correct to anyone?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    Thanks Northern, I just dug up a bunch of Data Entry marksheets that seem to match the pattern of my RAISEOnline blanks. They use Validated Results aspects and yet another Aspect (KS2: English Test Lev).

Does this look correct to anyone?
    Yes that sounds right. I think the changes i was thinking of earlier, were that once the aspect was called KS2: English Test Level and later on it was just "...'lev" or something like that.

If those figures for KS2 are still reported on, then they should be recent marksheets.

I think that key2success is the right place to go if it exists still, or there was something else they referred to as schools2schools, but i think it took you to the key2success site anyway.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread