+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, In house Photo ID for college. in Technical; Hi all, Does anyone know is any photo s/w that can created an ID card and link to the SIMS ...

Thank Post

In house Photo ID for college.

Hi all,

Does anyone know is any photo s/w that can created an ID card and link to the SIMS system?

Also I try to find if the in house photo s/w have import functions to up the photo aswell.
    rather had to use SIMS to upload the photos, when there is a new intakes students.

(This is for United Kingdom),does CARD FIVE ID works?

many thanks

Eddie
    Last edited by ag248; 25th May 2011 at 10:30 AM.

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,487 Times in 1,234 Posts
    Number Five - Card Five Card Printing Software for ID Card Printers - 800-519-8800 is one of many, you can get it from many resellers, it's probably best to go with whoever is supplying your card printer, as they should stock it. You'll want to match your zebra or whatever printer to the functions.

I am using SalamanderSoft to do some custom development for our database to link SIMS to the an SQL card five database that i've created. It's possible to do it manually, but we're trying to automate the process.

The problem is that the way the images are stored by cardfive is a little unique so it's not very straight forward to use. I'll feedback how we get on once we have a solution.

There are some tools that you can use for extracting photos from the system, though i only downloaded it today, so haven't tested it yet. Try this link for resources: PPC Download - Cardfive

On the final point, do you mean you want to automatically pull the photos you take for ID back into SIMS? That could be possible, but you'd have to pay a licence fee to SIMS to allow pushing data in. That's expensive. I have asked about that though.

The easiest thing to do would be to pull photos out with the extractor and then pull them in with the bulk update in SIMS. The extractor will name the photo by the admission number for you.

HTH.

EDIT: Just to add, that we're trying to get it to also manage pre-admission students so we can take their photos when they come for interview / assessments, as well as their parents, drivers, etc. So that on joining they don't need any of that, they just get moved from the pre-admission table to the student table, and take their photo with them.

The system would be chargable no doubt if you wanted it, but it's definitely worth it for us as it saves us so much time and hassle.
    Last edited by vikpaw; 25th May 2011 at 11:30 AM. Reason: additon.

Thank Post
    Do you not have to buy a licence for SIMS to be able to upload new images to the SIMS system?? Or has this now changed? I remember back in the old days we had to spend about £80 each year to be able to import the Year 7 pictures.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,487 Times in 1,234 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IKWeb View Post
    Do you not have to buy a licence for SIMS to be able to upload new images to the SIMS system?? Or has this now changed? I remember back in the old days we had to spend about £80 each year to be able to import the Year 7 pictures.
    Only for the bulk upload tool. A shame really, that they put the tool there and then charge you for a licence. Why it isn't now included i don't know. I'm not sure on the cost anymore, i just request a new one each year, so it's included in whatever annual thousands that we pay.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread