+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
MIS Systems Thread, Something to keep an eye on from DfE in Technical; No it's not that. That's a strange idea, I hadn't heard of it. It's a redeveloped version of our existing ...

Thank Post
    No it's not that. That's a strange idea, I hadn't heard of it. It's a redeveloped version of our existing MIS. We use SIMS but only for the bare basics. Everything else is done by additional systems.

I think I will need to speak to senior management about it and try and take the right approach. Thanks for the advice. 'Procurement' is nothing to do with me by the way, I'm a technician I just want to be clued up when the gears start to turn.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by matt40k View Post
    Are you referring to a certain MIS system that is "free", but requires you to take the parents portal which displays ads? This might have issues due to the way it is financed. I could be wrong. Like Tony said, contact your LA procurement advice service - they might offer this service to academies (for a price of course).
    Scholarpack are on the list as Histon House as i recall. They ditched the free in exchange for ads model due to the number of ads blockers people were using.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by penfold_99 View Post
    Scholarpack are on the list as Histon House as i recall. They ditched the free in exchange for ads model due to the number of ads blockers people were using.
    Yes that's correct. I'm trying to get (Trading as ScholarPack) appended though as Histon House Ltd doesn't mean much to our customers!

Thank Post
    Is there a preview (live demo) version of ScholarPack? I'd like to take a look at it.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Banford View Post
    Is there a preview (live demo) version of ScholarPack? I'd like to take a look at it.
    check out the website ScholarPack - The Cloud Based Management Information System for Schools and there is a contact form there, they will arrange a demo and discuss your requirements.

Thank Post
    On the query about whether additional suppliers can join a framework there is the following advice to suppliers from BuyingSolutions at Buying Solutions - about us - supplier zone - procurement plans and current framework agreements.

Once a procurement has been completed, additional framework agreements cannot be awarded. However it may be possible for you to sub-contract your services to suppliers on existing Government Procurement Service framework agreements. If you are interested in potential sub-contracting opportunities, please contact the relevant supplier directly.
    As far as I am aware, this would meant that once the procurement process of creating the framework is completed a supplier cannot join it directly but could operate as a sub-contractor instead.

It is also important to remember that when a company is purchased by a larger company the framework provider (in this case DfE and GPS) will check to ensure that the original conditions are still met (financial security, suitability to deliver, suitability of product, etc) and may remove the company from the framework if these are not met to the required standards (ie those established in the original SoR).

7. Thanks to TonySheppardNCC from:

GREED (11th April 2012)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    As long as that other provider is part of another framework from the GPS... that is how that reads. So if a company not on ANY framework buys a company that is on this framework, they cannot assume they can buy the contract as well...

Thank Post
    Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but does this not now mean that Capita cannot and does not charge for re licensing where a school converts to an academy?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Suppliers cannot discuss the contents of what was asked as part of the response.

However, @PhilNeal should be able to answer this away from the subject of the framework.

Thank Post
    I was relating specifically to the document on the DfE website entitled academies and Relicence costs

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TonySheppardNCC View Post
    On the query about whether additional suppliers can join a framework there is the following advice to suppliers from BuyingSolutions at Buying Solutions - about us - supplier zone - procurement plans and current framework agreements.

As far as I am aware, this would meant that once the procurement process of creating the framework is completed a supplier cannot join it directly but could operate as a sub-contractor instead.

It is also important to remember that when a company is purchased by a larger company the framework provider (in this case DfE and GPS) will check to ensure that the original conditions are still met (financial security, suitability to deliver, suitability of product, etc) and may remove the company from the framework if these are not met to the required standards (ie those established in the original SoR).
    If I am reading this right if you are not currently on the framework you have no chance of being added to the list??

If this is correct it sound very protectionist and anti competitive. Any new entrant in the MIS market would not be able to join the framework and so be at a disadvantage.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    That is correct. This is because the framework was a pre-selection process of sorts to ensure suppliers are deemed 'good companies', stable and reliable, among other things, so that the same lengthy and potentially costly processes don't need to be done by each school. New suppliers would need to go through the same hoops to do this, and the GPS won't be running this on demand any time soon!

I believe the framework lasts only a few years, so the next session (where we might have to go through all of this again!!!) will be the next opportunity.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jayemm View Post
    I was relating specifically to the document on the DfE website entitled academies and Relicence costs
    Schools are not forced to choose from the list, the list and the process is a pre-screening thing (of sorts) only to eliminate some procurement requirements, as well as demonstrate that all suppliers adhere to the rules the framework introduces. As I understand it, if one wishes to procure from the list, there is a procedure to follow, which then a supplier must abide by the rules. If one wishes not to choose via the framework, then said supplier does not have to abide by the framework 'rules'.... at least that is how the framework pages reads...

so... that doesn't answer your question at all!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    Here's something interesting information that you can find on Google
    https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...ools_use_to_re

16. Thanks to vikpaw from:

matt40k (20th September 2013)

Thank Post
    MIS Count
    CCS-SIMS 18050
    RM SMS G2 1618
    Serco 1292
    Pearson e1 307