+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Additional Date ranges in SIMS homepage panels - Shameless CR promotion in Technical; I've logged a Change Request for some additional dates to appear in the "Cycle" field of the SIMS homepage panels. ...

Thank Post

Additional Date ranges in SIMS homepage panels - Shameless CR promotion

I've logged a Change Request for some additional dates to appear in the "Cycle" field of the SIMS homepage panels. I'd quite like "Week to date" (i.e. the Monday to todays date) so that people can see a very instant and graphical representation of what's happening, especially with behaviour for the current week. Also usefull but not quite as important "Term to date".

Thus I am now shamelessly pushing the issue. If you'd like to see this too (and have a log in for supportnet) please vote here

Thank you very much

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    I've logged a Change Request for some additional dates to appear in the "Cycle" field of the SIMS homepage panels. I'd quite like "Week to date" (i.e. the Monday to todays date) so that people can see a very instant and graphical representation of what's happening, especially with behaviour for the current week. Also usefull but not quite as important "Term to date".

Thus I am now shamelessly pushing the issue. If you'd like to see this too (and have a log in for supportnet) please vote here
    Thank you very much
    And I have requested that 'Yesterday' includes Friday when accessed on Monday. And the date before the holiday on the first day after a holiday. It's the CR before yours! CR No. 1105-883333

I don't think we thought about this when we tested the SIMS UAT Upgrade it was first introduced. I was just glad that 'Yesterday' was being implemented!

This is going to be looked at! (Qute from Graham Cooper SupportNet:- We are making a change to link this feature to the school diary, so it should take account of weekends, school closures [Inset, Holidays etc]. Not sure what release yet though.)

P.S. You have my two votes for your CR!
    Last edited by Sivadam; 6th May 2011 at 12:45 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 1,143 Posts
    That's good that it's being looked at with a link to school diary. Schools with non-standard weeks would appreciate that yesterday mapped to the previous school day, not necessarily a specific day.
    Ditto, previous week or week to date, if it was based on schooldays would make it more generically applicable to any school. If anyone is in talks with Graham at any point, worth mentioning.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivadam View Post
    P.S. You have my two votes for your CR!
    Thankyou very much. And as I strongly agree with your point it would be rude of me not to return the favour. Which I have now done

Thank Post
    Do you guys know how to see Todays behaviour / achievements using the calendar button if the panel cycle is set to yesterday and there is no data for yesterday?
    It is equally as difficult with any cycle, just more likely with 'yesterday'.
    Do you think it's a flaw worthy of a CR? Or is there already one, i need to go and look.

Thank Post
    Honestly, no. Having just got our staff using behaviour management for the first time over the last two weeks I'm still fire fighting basic use without looking for problems

Sorry.

I'll have a look if I get chance.

Thank Post
    No worries Stuart, it's been tested by a CES bod, it's not as big an issue. The calendar icon appears if data is available, just not all the time, which is a pain but workable, just need to reeducate people. Hopefully it will be deemed a bug and rectified.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread