+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Duplicate Entries in Lookups in Technical; I hav epreviously deactivated all the behaviour types that we were not using in SIMS (Phased introduction of things). I'm ...

Thank Post

Duplicate Entries in Lookups

I hav epreviously deactivated all the behaviour types that we were not using in SIMS (Phased introduction of things). I'm now looking at enabling some more of the values and I notice that there are two records for some things, e.g. Bullying and disruptive behaviour with slightly differnet Codes. Why are there two? Does it matter which one I use?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 1,143 Posts
    I found the same when we first started using it. I just rename one, e.g. disruptive behaviour, the one in lower case to 'do not use disruptive behaviour' changed the code to xx and made it inactive.

I think the issue would be if you have already used both, then you probably can't delete them.

I dont think it matters, as you are supposed to customise the system to how you want, so you can choose which ones you want to keep.

Note there is a new area (well, i only recently noticed it) that allows you to declare the bullying type. So in lookup you can say it's linked to bullying then there is an extra dropdown field that lets you select if it was name calling, psychological, facebook etc. The lookup is nicely hidden in the Lookups Area, far from behaviour type, and is usefully called 'Type of Bullying' just to make it challenging for you to find it rather than labelling it with the behaviour prefix which would have made sense

Thank Post
    Cheers. I was thinking something like that but wanted to check.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread