+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Previous teacher name on reports when student moves class in Technical; Another season of reporting, another SIMS headache! When I'm generating Individual Reports, the teacher names displayed are for the first ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 828 Posts

Previous teacher name on reports when student moves class

Another season of reporting, another SIMS headache!

When I'm generating Individual Reports, the teacher names displayed are for the first person who taught the child in that subject this curriculum year, NOT their current teacher as you would expect.

Does anybody know a fix that doesn't involve me entering teacher names manually in to aspects (again)?

Also, is there a good reason for this? I can't imagine a situation you would want this to be the default behaviour... it should be the teacher of the student on the effective date of the report, surely!?
    Last edited by LosOjos; 7th April 2011 at 04:55 PM. Reason: spelling fairy

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,437 Times in 1,190 Posts
    There is a separate box lower down on the generate screen that has a 'effective date for class teacher / class detail' i think, and that defaults to something. try changing that.

EDIT: this should work for rotated classes. If it's a manual rotation, in that your timetable just doubles up the teachers and then does the rotation manually, then only the 'Main Teacher' name will ever show. That's from NT6.
    Last edited by vikpaw; 7th April 2011 at 04:59 PM. Reason: addition.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    There is a separate box lower down on the generate screen that has a 'effective date for class teacher / class detail' i think, and that defaults to something. try changing that.

EDIT: this should work for rotated classes. If it's a manual rotation, in that your timetable just doubles up the teachers and then does the rotation manually, then only the 'Main Teacher' name will ever show. That's from NT6.
    Not here I'm afraid Vik... I have effective date (which makes no difference to the name displayed) and attendance reporting period (which only changes the attendance)

Thank Post
    oh no, i think that's it. the effective date, should do it, and it says that's when class teacher names come from. if it doesn't work, it might be due to the way you've rotated things within the subject. check the timetable.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    oh no, i think that's it. the effective date, should do it, and it says that's when class teacher names come from. if it doesn't work, it might be due to the way you've rotated things within the subject. check the timetable.
    Hi Vik,

I'll check the timetable in case it's somehow not linking through properly (Nova T6 is not my forté though!). However, I would have thought that an error like that would have been reflected in the timetable? The timetable shows the correct class and teacher name.

I understand what you're saying about subject rotations; it's for that reason we manually enter D&T teacher names for instance; but this is an actual move, mainly they are moving classes because they've been moved up/down a set, but some students have actually physically moved to the other school site, and been put on a completely different timetable as a result: SIMS still pulls through the teacher names from the start of the year as opposed to current

Thank Post
    hmm, check curriculum assignment screens for any overlaps too. there could be an issue with dual membership of a group.
    i think we had something similar last year, when tutor groups were all juggled a few weeks into the year. it still showed the original tutor, rather than the new one, unless i manually went it and fixed the history.

Thank Post
    It's not going to make you happy necessarily, but may explain things better than i did.
    KB108483

8. Thanks to vikpaw from:

LosOjos (26th April 2011)

Thank Post
    Cheers Vik - looks like I'll just have to make do for now

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread