+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
MIS Systems Thread, Moving SIMS to new server in Technical; I volunteer at the WWF and we're trying out care in the community I'm just saying i don't think it's ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,487 Times in 1,234 Posts
    I volunteer at the WWF and we're trying out care in the community

I'm just saying i don't think it's that hard and 4 months is a long time to do the necessary.

Plus it reduces confusion with the user base and makes a consistent, easy to follow procedure to do a new setup or even a disaster recovery setup.

I never understood why the KB had the link removed from it. I guess if you sell installation as a service it makes sense.

Thank Post
    Personally, all you should need is MS-SQL installer from Microsoft, SOLUS3 installers. Ideally from your main SOLUS3 system, you should be able to configure a test\dev server as well.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by matt40k View Post
    Personally, all you should need is MS-SQL installer from Microsoft, SOLUS3 installers. Ideally from your main SOLUS3 system, you should be able to configure a test\dev server as well.
    Double Meh

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by matt40k View Post
    Last installable I had had SQL 2008 R2 not SQL 2008, so you're setups directory is out-of-date Also remember SOLUS2 is selfish, it only cares about SIMS and FMS installers, it won't update SIMSInst etc... unless you tick the check for CCS infrastructure updates and you've had them deployed to you.

RE: Why every update isn't installable - answer would be takes too long to build from what I've heard.
    So much for logical through being right!

That's interesting. We did release an infrastructure update a while back (2 years?), so just looked in School Manager and the latest one listed is the 'Summer 2011 Infrastructure Package', no newer one available for us. Think I'll e-mail Capita. In your LA schools manager, what's the latest infrastructure version you have?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 900 Posts
    Blog Entries
    So, there's a shedload of info here and elsewhere on actually doing the SIMS side of it.
    Any hints, tips and gotchas for SQL Server? Just thinking best practices for it's installation if anything. Obviously can install it with all the defaults, leaving the default instance names etc in place but I'm sure there's more to it than that. Does anyone have a good set of guidelines? Collation, service accounts, if you set up the instance during install or leave SIMSinst to do that for you, what parts you install to C: and what parts go to D:, etc etc.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by synaesthesia View Post
    So, there's a shedload of info here and elsewhere on actually doing the SIMS side of it.
    Any hints, tips and gotchas for SQL Server? Just thinking best practices for it's installation if anything. Obviously can install it with all the defaults, leaving the default instance names etc in place but I'm sure there's more to it than that. Does anyone have a good set of guidelines? Collation, service accounts, if you set up the instance during install or leave SIMSinst to do that for you, what parts you install to C: and what parts go to D:, etc etc.
    cue @jinnantonnixx

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123