+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Eportal and sharepoint 2010 while useing the Web Page Web Part Viewer in Technical; Sharepoint 2010 is amazing, eportal diffrent. i've come accorss a odd problem this week when trying to put eportal into ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Eportal and sharepoint 2010 while useing the Web Page Web Part Viewer

Sharepoint 2010 is amazing, eportal diffrent.

i've come accorss a odd problem this week when trying to put eportal into a, simple Web Page Web Part

It turns out when viewing eportal through a sharepoint/iframe the Find Bitlet does not recognise the Student/Teacher radio buttons being changed.

I've contacted seco and got the responce;

(This is not currently a known issue although there is a workaround by going to the Main Menu | Record and searching that way.

I would recommend logging a change request on out forums. ) but they did suggest a work around.

Surely i am not the first person ever to deplay eportal this way in sharepoint 2010?

has anyboady else experienced this problem?

I plan to pull the html appart this week to see why it dosent work while under a iframe, could be a IE 7 bug/features.

not very impresed with secos support this week. I wasnt aware a html bug counts a change request.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 922 Posts
    Serco don't test ePortal inside a SharePoint Web Page Web Part, which will be why they are saying log it as a feature request simply as your not calling it via the approved and tested means. Its only tested and approved in certain browsers and version of them (as per the release / specification documents available on FirstLine).

Unless your having the issue when running it in the browser when not called via a SharePoint web part then its not broken as it works, certainly for me it works in IE and FF no problems in both the current 10.3 release and the 11.1 BETA release, so it will be something that SharePoint is doing to the request which is mollesting the handling of the coding.

There was a long time ago, back in the mid 2000's talk of some SharePoint Web Parts for Facility but goodness knows what happened to them, maybe Twynham School are good people to talk to as they are big SharePoint and Serco users so maybe able to help you anyway.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I must admit i am beening abit unfair, as a system admin, i sorted expect things to work even after they have been updated,

i've read alot about people talking about theirs pre built webpards, dose anyboady know were they came from? or who might have devloped said webparts i am despreet from a timetable webpart. MSsql and ASP arent my favorite languages.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread