+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Creating Intervention Groups into existing blocks in Nova T6 in Technical; Hi, We are requiring intervention groups to pull out certain students from existing groups into specially set intervention groups. Im ...

Thank Post

Question Creating Intervention Groups into existing blocks in Nova T6

Hi,

We are requiring intervention groups to pull out certain students from existing groups into specially set intervention groups.

Im finding it difficult to create a group that sits in a block that does not use all of the sessions in that block. So say its English for four lessons a week. I cant create a group that I can select students from within that block to run for just for one of the sessions normally used for English without them being allocated to all four sessions.

So I put students into the intervention group and staff for the one seesion I want, but they get allocated all of the three remaining sessions, so blanks on the timetable.

How do you create intervention groups in Nova T6?! Help...

Thanks
    Ellis

Thank Post
    There are a few ways it can be done, but I would not recommend many of them for implementation half way through the year. You might find your best bet is to deliberately 'clash' a student's timetable. I.e. manually force the student into the intervention group _and_ En, then resolve each period manually.

However, if you don't mind re-sheduling En entirely, and if you're just withdrawing students from 1 out of 4 En classes, this will work: Spilt the En block in NT6 into two blocks, one with 3 lessons, then 1 with 1 lesson. In the block with 1 lesson, add you intervention group to the end. Re-schedule the blocks, then import into SIMS. Re-allocate students to En. You will need to allocate a student to En twice; once for the 3 lessons, then once for the 1 lesson, with the option of putting them in the intervention group instead of the final En lesson.

Alternatively, the recently released Spring update has got some 'alternative provision' stuff in it. No idea how it works, though, 'cause I haven't looked!

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by NorthernSands; 29th March 2011 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Typo!

Thank Post
    Until you get the Alternative Curriculum facilities in the new version of T6, you could add an extra band into the year, and schedule it at the periods you want. Then in SIMS, for each student you are looking to put into the intervention group, go into their curriculum, relax the rules, add the new band and assign to the class. This will then cause clashes on the student timetable which have to be resolved manually. It's a pain.....but if the number of students isn't too great then it is manageable.

Thank Post
    Many Thanks, I never want to do big changes so far to end of the year if I dont have to.

I did see a quick demo of Alternative Curriculums but didnt see how it would operate. It is due on Spring release?

Thank Post
    It is available now with the Spring Release.
    Note that you have to create AC groups for each lesson where they will appear and you have to assign the Pupils individually for each lesson!
    I did put in enhancements requests (as did others!) so that we could do this in bulk from any/all Groups. At UAT, I particularly requested that we could assign pupil in the DUDGs, that will be available via SIMS Discover, to be bulk assigned in AC. I hope that this gets looked at in Phase 2!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread