+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, SIMS - new user in Technical; This may be a really basic question but what is the process for creating a teacher in SIMS and giving ...
    Thank Post

SIMS - new user

This may be a really basic question but what is the process for creating a teacher in SIMS and giving them a login?

The problem we are having is that the office staff are adding a user to SIMS by clicking in the teacher icon and clicking new. When i go to find the relevant member of staff, i need to make sure that the Status is set to ALL rather than Staff, all current. Why is this?

and when i try and give the new user a username and password via system manager > add exisiting people as users of the system, i cannot find them. Again, why is this?

Thanks

Thank Post
    At a guess, they don't have a valid start date? They may also be missing a teacher status.

Sorry for guessing, I.m not at my desk.

Thank Post
    Ahh that might be why then. I can pick users up that havent got the teaching status ticked... ie. support staff

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Set the valid start date then add the teacher in Manage Classroom Staff. Assign them a code and then pop in to System Manager to set them up.

Oh and chances are you won't have full access to Personnel so better be ready to pay them a visit.

Thank Post
    Has the personnel manager ever been shown how to set up a new member of staff in personnel or is he/she doing by intuition. Getting all the bits right takes a bit of care so at the very least dig out the Personnel handbook (in SIMS documentation) and work through the relevant section(s).

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by timbo343 View Post
    and when i try and give the new user a username and password via system manager > add exisiting people as users of the system, i cannot find them. Again, why is this?

Thanks
    Sounds like adding a current start date will solve your problem, but just in case it is useful I would imagine that the above problem could probably be solved by changing the "population" search field at the top of the window when adding a new user to system manager. I'm not at my school machine so I'm not sure exactly which filter criteria you would use to find them, but I'm guessing that would work.

This might come in handy if you ever, for whatever reason, wanted to add a staff profile without an employment start date but still wanted to give them SIMS access (although I can't think of a situation off the top of my head where you would want to do this)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hecate View Post
    Has the personnel manager ever been shown how to set up a new member of staff in personnel or is he/she doing by intuition. Getting all the bits right takes a bit of care so at the very least dig out the Personnel handbook (in SIMS documentation) and work through the relevant section(s).
    I'll second this. I spend a lot of time working with our personnel officer when adding new staff/making contract changes etc as it can often be very fiddly. Certainly not as simple as it first seems.

Thank Post
    Thanks guys

It seems the date of birth and start date of employment was missing.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread