+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Behavour Reports not working in Technical; Hi All - I am running the imported report, Behaviour Report by Reg Group. When I run it, the pupils ...

Thank Post

Behavour Reports not working

Hi All - I am running the imported report, Behaviour Report by Reg Group. When I run it, the pupils names appear but in the column named 'Count' which should be the total number of behavior incidents for each pupil, it appears as '0' for every child.

Could this be something to do with the way we are entering the incidents or am I missing something simple?

Charlotte

Thank Post
    Hi Charlotte,

I've just had a look at the report on our system, and without seeing your SIMS the obvious thing that jumps out is the date filter on the subreport. When you run the report are you prompted on various filters? If so make sure that the dates are for the current academic year and then you have either selected the relevant year/reg groups, or clicked the "accept all" box for year and reg group (actually, you must have already done this if students are appearing!)

Apologies if I'm stating the obvious! If this doesn't work, or if you are not prompted for any filters, have you tried opening the report in Design Report - Open existing report and check the filters on the subreport?

Thank Post
    Thanks so much - how very simple (and slightly embarassing!).

Working just fine now!

Charlotte

Thank Post
    Beware!
    Behaviour/Ach Conduct Reports are not working correctly. This is being addressed in the Spring Release of SIMS which will include a new Conduct Section in the Reporting dictionary as well as a new Aggregated Points Repdef.

The data delivered via Preview in Design may be correct but the actual report may deliver the wrong data!
    Last edited by Sivadam; 16th March 2011 at 12:24 PM.

Thank Post
    Apologies for potentially high-jacking the thread, but while nosing around at the imported report in question I learned a few things! I've never used imported reports (just assuming that they were basic reports I could set up myself) but I see that this report outputs a nice pivot table and bar chart. Is it possible then to set up user defined excel reports? Can I create my own report which exports to excel with a pivot table template or otherwise? Or is this the beauty of imported reports that I have missed these last couple of years?

Or more simply, I notice that the Count column in this report exports to excel as a number, not as text as usually happens when I set up my own report. Is there an easy way for me to do this on my own reports? It drives me bonkers!

Thank Post
    I have used these imported reports as a template for my own and the Excel function remains intact - I use them for my HoL and Curriculum Managers all the time. I haven't done this from scratch mainly because there is no need when I have th basic bits done for me.

Thank Post
    There are three levels of Support Training for SIMS Reporting - Basic, Intermediate and Advanced.
    I will let you guess in which one of these the functionality you want is dealt with.

Thank Post
    Well, they say you learn something new every day. I think I've passed my quota for the year today!

I think I'm going to spend my afternoon playing around with reports.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,306 Times in 1,088 Posts
    You can use someone else's as a base, or rip useful parts out of the macros in the templates. There is a useful guide for this somewhere, will have to dig it out when back at school.

Just have to be careful with macros and how you tell it where your data is, as after you make your own report, the bounds may not be in the right place, and the aggregation / calculation may not use all the data.

Happy playing

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread