+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Viewing attached documents in the communication logs in Technical; One of our SIMS users attaches a document in the communication log of a student it all works fine and ...

Thank Post

Viewing attached documents in the communication logs

One of our SIMS users attaches a document in the communication log of a student it all works fine and he is happy.

However when a different user access's the communication log they can see everything there apart from the attached document.

I can see it when i access the log with system manager rights, but obviously dont want to give that level of access to other users.

Is it simply a case of access rights, or do the documents need to be linked from the network share where SIMS is running from??

Any help here would be appreciated

Thank Post
    I think it could be that the document has been flagged as private to the poster.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilNeal View Post
    I think it could be that the document has been flagged as private to the poster.
    Thats what i thought at first, but is definitely public and have since tried with assorted test documents as public as well

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,158 Posts
    I wonder if it still might be restricted permissions somehow. The surest way to test is to compare their profiles in system manager, and see what group the attacher is in, that the reader isn't.

Can the reader attach their own documents? Can the first attacher read them?

I suspect the first person is part of a higher privilege group like school administrator, senior management team or sen coordinator. As these are the ones with confidential rights.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread