+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Data Graphs in AM7 Individual Reports - SIMS in Technical; For anybody trying to set up AM7 Reports to show data in a graph, there is an issue for which ...
    Thank Post

Data Graphs in AM7 Individual Reports - SIMS

For anybody trying to set up AM7 Reports to show data in a graph, there is an issue for which I have registered a new SupportNet CR. The essence of this issue is below and this forms the actual wording for the CR:-
    • A graph within an individual AM7 report can be set up to display data labels at certain points on the graph. These labels can be set to produce the Grade Aspect only if the Y Axis is displayed in full (i.e. from Point Score Zero). If the Y Axis is truncated to just show higher Points Scores, to emphasise the trends on the graph, then the Graph Labels only pull through the points scores for the Aspects and not the actual Grades themselves. Please look at addressing this issue as soon as possible.
    KB83372 indicates that it is not possible to display the actual Grade label, but this is possible as outlined above. The CR has been produced after an extensive investigation by the SIMS Support Teams to resolve this issue, which we discovered whilst producing new Reports for this year. Your support for the CR, which is No.1103-859430, would be most apprecitated.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    We stopped using graphs a while back, but may start again in the future.
    Nonetheless, always support useful change requests:

Strongly Agreed.

blc

Thank Post
    you can get round it by creating your own jpeg with the grades on then stick it by the side of the SIMS graph. its a bit fiddly but it works fine for me. obviously id much rather capita gave us an option to use grades instead of aps scores!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,168 Times in 797 Posts
    I gave up on SIMS graphs ages ago, but they could potentially be incredibly useful, so I've also supported your CR

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blc View Post
    you can get round it by creating your own jpeg with the grades on then stick it by the side of the SIMS graph. its a bit fiddly but it works fine for me. obviously id much rather capita gave us an option to use grades instead of aps scores!
    Yep, but once you start editing in word then you can no longer edit the data series.
    In any case it is not the axes that deliver the Grade it is the actual points plotted on the graph. We don't mind the axes showing the points!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread