+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
MIS Systems Thread, Changing MIS in Technical; Originally Posted by matt40k Sure your not thinking of Bromcom? Most of comments I've seen in patches etc are refering ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by matt40k View Post
    Sure your not thinking of Bromcom? Most of comments I've seen in patches etc are refering to a person sitting in bedford. Still I guess we'll never really know until someone 3rd party has a look at the source code and does a bit of digging. Capita do a good job of protecting the devs from us moaning lot so it does it make it hard to actually find where they based.
    Yes I'm sure. Phil's correction to 96% still looks a little ... 'odd'. My information though is a couple of years old so it could be that CES have radically changed the way they offshore in the last couple of years. I'd be quite surprised if that were the case though, given some of the constraints CES have to work with.

Thank Post
    Maybe your information was from when they were doing a big project. Guess we won't know unless you and Phil give us more info.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by matt40k View Post
    Maybe your information was from when they were doing a big project.
    Maybe. Maybe several big projects. Maybe not. Do you think there are any times over the last (say) 5 years when CES weren't undertaking a 'big' project of one sort or another?

Guess we won't know unless you and Phil give us more info.
    When I next see them, and if I remember, I will ask a few folks who currently work there and see what they say about the current level of staff offshore. Might be interesting.

Thank Post
    We are a large independent school and we are currently evaluating our MIS against other products out on the market, namely Isams.

We are now at a stage where we have complied a document of expectations / concerns / things we want to achieve etc etc and comparing our current MIS against ISAMS.
    We are also in contact with a number of schools to see how effective their use of ISAMS is and their feedback about it. I am however always cautious to speak with schools that the company themselves recommend as they can be slightly biased. We therefore are speaking to a mixture of schools, using ISAMS, are about to move to it, and those that have left it etc.

Thank Post
    I admit to being 'slightly' biased about SIMS!

But anybody visiting us to see SIMS in action (we are a SIMS Partnership School) gets to see as much as they want to see - warts and all! If there are problems with the system they are not hidden by me for such visits! And you can be assured that any issues that I do make known to any visitor have already been lodged with Capita in one way or another!

In the case of SIMS, the negatives are far, far, far, far outweighed by the positives. (not sure I included enough 'fars' there! )

I would have hoped that any other schools recommended for view by any MIS provider would be equally as honest!
    Last edited by Sivadam; 4th March 2011 at 01:24 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Power View Post
    We are a large independent school and we are currently evaluating our MIS against other products out on the market, namely Isams.

We are now at a stage where we have complied a document of expectations / concerns / things we want to achieve etc etc and comparing our current MIS against ISAMS.
    We are also in contact with a number of schools to see how effective their use of ISAMS is and their feedback about it. I am however always cautious to speak with schools that the company themselves recommend as they can be slightly biased. We therefore are speaking to a mixture of schools, using ISAMS, are about to move to it, and those that have left it etc.
    We use iSAMS. I would be happy to chat about it. I will send you a message with my phone no.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Power View Post

I think my colleague sent you a PM a few weeks ago - not sure if you saw it but I'd appreciate seeing what your requirements/concerns are as an independent school. We have several independent schools using ScholarPack but it would be great to make sure we are covering all the bases with regards to initial implementation then day to day functionality. Thanks.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scholarpack View Post
    In terms of numbers of schools, fairly small - in the teens, with schools coming from no MIS, as well as Serco and WCBS Pass. One school in the last 3 years has gone from SIMS to Serco to ScholarPack.

In terms of interest we are generating plenty, especially at LEA level, which is our primary market, where we are presenting to 5 or 6 within the next month or so (tighter budgets etc - see Norfolk council strikes yesterday, didn't they just sign a £7m contact for MIS which I believe one of the protesters complained about on Radio 4?). Many LEAs are conscious of the Becta report which essentially stipulates they have to follow EU tendering requirements, so we expect a much more open market in the near future. Long, long overdue.

But it's early days yet and we are in this for the long haul
    Is this implying that Serco and WCBS have under 20 schools using their systems or is it just the way it's written? WCBS quote over 200 using their admin/academic modules!

Thank Post
    Nope not implying that - not sure where you got that from?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234