+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
MIS Systems Thread, Groupcall Emerge iPad / iPhone / iPod Touch app for MIS access. in Technical; @jonrose - i have done some digging, and i think it's a request from the server at your side asking ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    @jonrose - i have done some digging, and i think it's a request from the server at your side asking for updates from the groupcall server, and the refusal is coming from there. Not sure why, but if you have had no luck with support, might be worth pointing them in the right direction.

@all - currently testing out a beta release which has the feature i've requested most - a time to live, so now you can configure how long the app will work for offline, before it auto-wipes. So rather than a remote wipe, it now has a built-in self destruct.
    Also, got some tweaks to come with faster load times, better quality pictures, and some more data available in app.

Thank Post
    @vikpaw I had a call back from support about an hour ago and he remotely accessed the server. He confirmed what you have written and just restarted the service and hey presto!

We are coming to the end of our trial (tomorrow), but if the powers that be decide to go ahead with it as I hope, the self destruct feature would be excellant!

Thank Post
    If anyone is attending BETT, they should be demonstrating some of the BETAs with extra functionality, and i'll be around too, so you can see it with some real data. Started my time to live countdown today.

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Had a good chat with the sales lady and the techie guy yesterday at BETT. New iPad version looks sweet.

The new android version has also been released this week.

But more importantly they know about the admin side of it setting this up for us and are working on a better way. I made it clear i'm sick of copying device id's from strange log files

Ace
    Thank Post
    The Android version is available on the Market as a free download. It includes a demo mode - which I found quite impressive. Does anybody have any up to date price info?

Thank Post
    2950 + VAT site license, I heard they do not make a profit , the only reason they charge this amount is to pay for the write back rights to SIMS SQL database ( im guessing this goes to CAPITA)

7. Thanks to andydis from:

Ace (20th January 2012)

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    We now have it hosted externally using windows azure.

But on the Android app I just get "Accepted" and it doesn't log in.

On the iPad app I log in fine but then get an error about "$full_name" missing. It does work fine though.

Thank Post
    zag i have exactly thre same problem on the ipad, weird thing is if you install the iphone add on the ipad it works! i have logged a call with them about this.

10. Thanks to andydis from:

zag (23rd January 2012)

Thank Post
    @Ace - it's the same pricing as for the iPhone version, don't forget it's cheaper for Primary schools, and also, you don't need to pay the full site fee, you can build up to it, at 299 for initial device licence and 99 for each subsequent.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Also from my conversations with them there is going to be a parental app released late spring. With a view to have a web front end aswell.

Thank Post
    At #bett_show they announced a partnership with Schoolcomms to allow Emerge users to send messages via their Schoolcomms account, not just being tied in to the Groupcall messenger. I think this is a fabulous way forward.
    Are there any current or prospective Emerge users out there that currently use Schoolcomms? Certainly for us, being able to send emails / texts out of the app using our account will be really useful.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by andydis View Post
    2950 + VAT site license, I heard they do not make a profit , the only reason they charge this amount is to pay for the write back rights to SIMS SQL database ( im guessing this goes to CAPITA)
    Wow, capita's pricing must have gone through the roof as previously it only about 175 ish to write back to SIMS.net per school.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    At #bett_show they announced a partnership with Schoolcomms to allow Emerge users to send messages via their Schoolcomms account, not just being tied in to the Groupcall messenger. I think this is a fabulous way forward.
    Are there any current or prospective Emerge users out there that currently use Schoolcomms? Certainly for us, being able to send emails / texts out of the app using our account will be really useful.
    Hold on hold on, have I missed something. I know Groupcall do a lot more than just the messaging and write-back, but does isn't this what Schoolcomms also does? Where is the benefit in having both, does one not supersede the other?

Apologies if I sound like a noob I want to understand this relationship better.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GREED View Post
    Hold on hold on, have I missed something. I know Groupcall do a lot more than just the messaging and write-back, but does isn't this what Schoolcomms also does? Where is the benefit in having both, does one not supersede the other?

Schoolcomms is for sending home messages (either txt or email) - being able to tie into there system means We would be able to txt/email a parent from the device using Schoolcomms rather then groupcall messenger.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GREED View Post

The idea is, even if you are not a customer of service A from supplier A, you can access it via supplier B as well as using their service B. Think of it as combining their resources for mutual benefit. You may not want to get rid of messaging from schoolcomms, but why do you have to use multiple apps / interfaces when you can piggy back on another. Partner's working together great isn't it. I know it's hard to get your head around.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast