+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
MIS Systems Thread, IEP Manager in Technical; Eventually received an email from Blue Hills.... Not impressed... explaining that this uses Groupcall to export data. We had already ...

-28° 31' 48.89", +28° 25' 37.42" ... if only.
    Thank Post
    Eventually received an email from Blue Hills.... Not impressed... explaining that this uses Groupcall to export data. We had already set it up by then.

Thank Post
    COMMERCIAL INTEREST DECLARED
    I am a Director of Blue Hills Software Company. IEP Manager is a new (released in Jan.2011) online web-based version of our old CD-based IEP Pro software. IEP Manager uses GroupCall Xporter to upload pupil and staff data required by the program. The Xporter is widely used by LAs and schools for MIS data extraction so is a tried and tested product.
    As stated earlier in this thread, our company is a commercial partner with SIMS for our Provision Map Writer software. We are NOT partners with SIMS for our IEP Manager.
    Creese: I'm not sure why you were not impressed but if you can give me some more details hopefully and I can address that. It certainly does not matter if you have already started working with IEP Manager and then decide later to use the GroupCall Xporter to upload your data which is I think what your comment referred to.
    Dave Rudlin
    Last edited by DaveR; 17th February 2011 at 02:30 PM. Reason: amanded website URL details

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveR View Post
    Creese: I'm not sure why you were not impressed but if you can give me some more details hopefully and I can address that. It certainly does not matter if you have already started working with IEP Manager and then decide later to use the GroupCall Xporter to upload your data which is I think what your comment referred to.
    Dave Rudlin
    The reason? As I said, I 'eventually' got a reply, from yourself. By then we had figured it out ourselves. It's not really our job to install or fix 3rd party software and would not expect a primary school to know how to. So not impressed with the response time or support for the school.

This was all over a week ago.

Thank Post
    creese: I'm sorry about that but thanks for helping the school concerned. We do make it clear to schools, especially primary schools, that they may require expert help with installing GroupCall's Xporter because it requires a fairly high-privileged SIMS/CMIS user , proxys may need to be set, and generally some school systems are very locked down; this may therefore require a combination of local support like yourself, help from Blue Hills or if it gets tricky, help from GroupCall. This may sometimes take a day or two before it can be resolved.

Once the Xporter is installed however, and because IEP Manager as a web service requires no installation the whole package can be pretty much left to run and will require little or no technical support locally from that point on.
    Dave

Thank Post
    Dave, we will quite happily work with you when this is installed. It's far easier than the confused messages we get from schools, who think if it's remotely akin to SIMS we are experts on it.

If you would like to call/email in future before you are ready to install or send software out, we will be more than happy to help. You have my address.

Thank Post
    creese: thanks, we certainly shall. I don't know which LA you are with so perhaps you could email me with that info.
    Dave

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by creese View Post
    Eventually received an email from Blue Hills.... Not impressed... explaining that this uses Groupcall to export data. We had already set it up by then.
    They always answer the phone, if you're ever in need of an urgent answer.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    They always answer the phone, if you're ever in need of an urgent answer.
    I'll bear that in mind should I ever get one.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12