+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Teacher Permissions in Technical; [align=justify]Could someone assist, have spoken to Capita, apparently no one has ever asked this before, How do you make User-Defined ...

Thank Post

Teacher Permissions

[align=justify]Could someone assist, have spoken to Capita, apparently no one has ever asked this before, How do you make User-Defined Fields in Pupil Details to be read-only for Staff, Have looked at all Permissions, there dosen't seem to be one specific for UDF's. Yet when you look at the Permissions spreadsheet it clearly has groups who have read only to these fields. Where do you set it?

I have everything else set to read-only or view as they call it.

Cheers.[/align]

Thank Post

Re: Teacher Permissions

Cant say i know how to set this permission but i would guess this one is more likely linked to some other permission setting eg one of the permission setting in Student. Can only suggest you create a temp group and systematically check which permission would have an effect on it eg give full read/write access to all the student permissions group, see if a user in that group can edit UDF and if they can slowly take permissions off. Its long winded and annoying but it seems the only way to find what permissions does what as it would seem that Capita often won't tell you what does what. Be aware that updates do have an impact on this.

Thank Post

Re: Teacher Permissions

As part of our May Release (scheduled for 1st May), schools will be able to move the UDFs to any chosen panel.

In doing so, the UDF will automatically inherit the permission of panel - both on screen, and in the reporting dictionary.

Currently, however, the UDFs appear at the bottom of the screen - without any permission.

Regards,

Toby Belfield
    CAPITA

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread