+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
MIS Systems Thread, Creating MSSQL scripts in Technical; You do need to be careful with all of this scripting. The SA account completely by-passes every security feature that ...

Thank Post
    You do need to be careful with all of this scripting.
    The SA account completely by-passes every security feature that we have put into SIMS and I wonder if the school fully appreciates that this could be an issue in the future for example you will be able to edit your salary details with no audit.

There is an IMS feed available within SIMS that automatically updates a number of VLEs. Quite a number of VLEs automatically link to SIMS.

Capita does not support direct writing to or reading from tables in this way.
    Last edited by PhilNeal; 7th February 2011 at 02:06 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pashers View Post
    but when I run it it still shows them teaching on half term etc. Also it still didn't tell me if it was Mon1 or Mon2, it still came up with both and for the week.
    I'm questioning if you are a school, if you are, you're poorly setup.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by matt40k View Post
    I'm questioning if you are a school, if you are, you're poorly setup.
    How would this relate to the school setup, it's got the holiday terms and all the information in SIMS, and the query I've created does exactly what I want it to do - the report you showed me didn't do exactly what I want it to do.

- Matt40k You mentioned you can get it 'wrapped' up with SIMS approval and make reports. How do you go about doing this?

Thank Post
    I'll check it out in the morning, pretty sure it didn't give you a timetable over holidays. Mon1\mon2 etc refers to you having a two week timetable, again, I'll have to check - Green Abbey only has 1 week timetable, but if it gives you just mon, I'm sure it means you have a 1 week timetable.

Wrapping, no idea what the official route is, I just normally kick who I think can do it until I get it or they direct me the right person (or someone that may know) - refered to as 40k magic.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,487 Times in 1,234 Posts
    I can vouch for Pashers coming from a school.

As for the wrap up. For an update I wanted to make, I was told to submit any request to usual support channel, though for me that's quite a nice route to someone v.knowledgeable and who can kick the right behinds to get something done.

The routine gets written up as a site specific patch, checked and verified then returned. So it can be applied. I'm assuming something similar could happen for your query. However if it's just for your own use, it should be fine.

Ideally, if you run it against views rather than tables, then at least it's abstracted away from the core data. Plus you'd hope that if the table was modified or the field moved, the view name would stay the same and still present the same data.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12