+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Exams in Technical; ...
    Thank Post

Exams

Hi there,

I am after a bit of advice really/confirmation that I am signing on the correct hymn sheet!

We have an issue where a member of staff, donít ask me how, has entered in Mock Grades/sent them over to exams in a ResGF column in SIMS. I have been tasked with sorting this out; and have taken advice from my LA team but would really like to hear from any other SIMS Officers, Managers or Exam Officers who understand exams much more than I do!

Now, the problem is that this is not a certificated exam but it appears on the students exam broadsheet/exam details in SIMS as so!

As you can see, there is a forecast grade in there Ö am I right in saying I can just remove entries from this column/aspect as the proper exam hasnít actually been taken yet?

Cheers, in newbness
    Rh91uk

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,400 Times in 1,160 Posts
    No sure about the exam specific side but remember if you are removing marks from a marksheet they need each cell to be right click edited and the value removed. Or go through the assessment tools an delete results in bulk, but that way is always pretty scary.

3. Thanks to vikpaw from:

rh91uk (29th January 2011)

Thank Post
    I am pretty scared but it has to be done :/ Thanks as always Vik

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,400 Times in 1,160 Posts
    It's not that scary, i've done it many times, but i'm always wary, however if you know who put the data in, the date it was done, and the marksheet they used too, then it's easy to go through the delete wizard and narrow it down. Be specific and put dates in every box.
    At the end it will give you a count of how many results will be deleted, so count up before hand, what you expect.
    good luck

6. Thanks to vikpaw from:

rh91uk (30th January 2011)

Thank Post
    I assume that the screenshot is a Course or Year Marksheet produced from Exams Organiser for an entry in a future series. To remove the exam entry in this case then just overtype the Y with an N and then resave the marksheet. If an Entry file has been sent to the Exam Board then an Amendment File needs to be created and sent.

I find it very strange that an EO Marksheet has been created with results columns in unless it is for a past series! What you do with this result will depend on whether this is a current entry for a future series or one for a past series. If it is for a future series then you can overtype the result when the real result arrives. In yhe meantime I would probably amend it to an X. The EDI result may even overwrite though I suspect that you will get an import error. This wll act as a reminder to change the result.

If this is simply an internal AM7 Marksheet (i.e. not from EO) then is an easy job to just remove that result via the Tools, Assessmnet, Remove Result method!
    Last edited by Sivadam; 29th January 2011 at 06:29 PM.

8. Thanks to Sivadam from:

rh91uk (30th January 2011)

Thank Post
    Yes Mike you are correct it's a course marksheet and I find it incredibly strange too, I think this is where the problem lies.

Thanks - just the answer I needed and the results will be removed next week and finding out why this has been done will begin!

Thanks all for your sound advice.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread