+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Change Request - Fixed Column Limitation on Printed Marksheets in Technical; Hi all, I'm requesting you vote up my CR at SupportNet (if you agree of course!) The problem is that ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,223 Times in 832 Posts

Change Request - Fixed Column Limitation on Printed Marksheets

Hi all,

I'm requesting you vote up my CR at SupportNet (if you agree of course!)

The problem is that SIMS currently limits you to only 6 'fixed columns' (i.e. gender, ethnicity, EAL etc.) on marksheets you want to print. To me, that makes no sense what so ever; why on earth would you purposely limit the usability of your system?

As a result I'm no exporting the lot to Excel and printing them from there, but it'd be nice to cut out the middle man and do it straight from SIMS!

CR#: 1101-833637

Thanks in advance for your votes!

Thank Post

I'd really appreciate your help on this one

Thank Post
    Ouch! Steady on! That Bump hurt!
    Mind you - it had the desired effect - I have voted.
    I am pretty certain that this has been requested before though.

4. Thanks to Sivadam from:

LosOjos (19th January 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivadam View Post
    Ouch! Steady on! That Bump hurt!
    Mind you - it had the desired effect - I have voted.
    I am pretty certain that this has been requested before though.
    If there were better search facilities on SupportNet for change requests I'd have voted an old one up, but I'll be damned if I'm trawling through every change request ever made looking for it! (another reason I think SupportNet needs an overhaul before people will be happier to use it for SIMS queries than EduGeek!)

EDIT: and that's twice I've thanked you today, if you're not careful you might never get your red squares back!

6. Thanks to LosOjos from:

Sivadam (19th January 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    ....... and that's twice I've thanked you today, if you're not careful you might never get your red squares back!
    Thanks for the thanks ......!!
    You see I ain't actually the ogre that some folk think I am, am I?
    I actually try to help people with genuine queries re. SIMS etc - as I have done for many years on SupportNet.
    On the other hand I ain't just gonna ignore any ridiculous statements similar to those that used to abound on here at one time. I actually think I may have made a difference - there are certainly fewer of those type of posts than there used to be.

As for getting my red squares back - I am sure I'll need to have a go at somebody soon!

You might be interested in the following CRs which ask for the same as you are asking:-
    CR.1003-691174; CR.1003-677674; CR.1001-652329
    One is quite well supported but hasn't been acted on - so I don't hold out much hope!
    Last edited by Sivadam; 19th January 2011 at 10:12 PM.

8. Thanks to Sivadam from:

LosOjos (20th January 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanks Sivadam, I've voted 2 of them up (one was closed unfortunately). I see some people have disagreed with them (one even strongly disagreed), I'd love to know who on Earth is voting to limit the functionality of the system! The mind boggles...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 1,193 Posts

I'd really appreciate your help on this one
    Give people some time mate I didn't even realise it was a problem.

Strongly agreed (+2).
    Also voted on the other ones Mike posted. Be interested to know the process for withdrawing a change request and whether any existing votes would get added to the original request.

11. Thanks to vikpaw from:

LosOjos (21st January 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    Give people some time mate I didn't even realise it was a problem.

Strongly agreed (+2).
    Also voted on the other ones Mike posted. Be interested to know the process for withdrawing a change request and whether any existing votes would get added to the original request.
    I'm a very impatient person Vik!

Supportnet is long overdue an overhaul. I wonder whether there is anyone at Capita who is responsible for web support? You rarely see Capita employee's posting answers to questions in the forums. I think they're a big enough company to warrant at least one dedicated web support guy who could help out with queries in the forums as well as consolidating change requests for the same issue.

If you could search by word or phrase on change requests, I'm sure there'd be a lot less duplicates! The current search system is far too vague; who has time to trawl through every change request (albeit narrowed down to one area of SIMS at least) just on the off chance somebody else has requested the same thing? Not practical at all.

Thank Post
    I'm a very impatient person Vik!

Supportnet is long overdue an overhaul. I wonder whether there is anyone at Capita who is responsible for web support? You rarely see Capita employee's posting answers to questions in the forums. I think they're a big enough company to warrant at least one dedicated web support guy who could help out with queries in the forums as well as consolidating change requests for the same issue.

If you could search by word or phrase on change requests, I'm sure there'd be a lot less duplicates! The current search system is far too vague; who has time to trawl through every change request (albeit narrowed down to one area of SIMS at least) just on the off chance somebody else has requested the same thing? Not practical at all.
    There used to be one person responsible for SupportNet but he does not now post on the site. The staff who respond now are usually the Product Managers for the relevant area. And SupportNet is not really a Forum for Capita Staff to solve queries etc. It is for self-help. The fact that the Product Managers do respond is a massive bonus.
    There was a survey re. SupportNet overhal quite a few months ago that many of us responded to. Not sure what has happened to that now! The searching of CRs was one area that we all asked for improvements.
    Software consultation meetings are held every year for most areas. At this time the CRs for that area are normally analysed and discussed at these meetings to which Customers are invited. I have attended quite a few of these meetings and this does happen. Whether a change can be made is dependent on it's complexity, costs, priority, demand etc. etc.
    Last edited by Sivadam; 21st January 2011 at 10:41 AM.

14. Thanks to Sivadam from:

LosOjos (21st January 2011)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread