+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
MIS Systems Thread, Is there an App for Smartphones. HTC, Galaxy etc? in Technical; Originally Posted by localzuk Seems a little bizarre, especially as you make out that people who slam SIMS/Capita are being ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Seems a little bizarre, especially as you make out that people who slam SIMS/Capita are being unfair, and now you seem to be doing just that with GroupCall...
    You are mis-reading the words that I have typed! As have so many others in the past. I have made no denigrating comments re. GroupCall as I have no experience of it - apart from the visits we made to schools using communications packages before we made the decision on which to adopt here! That is now a good many years ago!
    We use Schoolcomms here and we are totally satisfied with them!
    I do not want to comtemplate moving to any new providers of anything (apart from CHQ for the Extra-Curricular that is!), as replacements to what works excellently here, until I have 'retired'.
    Last edited by Sivadam; 19th January 2011 at 10:00 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,443 Times in 1,891 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivadam View Post
    You are mis-reading the words that I have typed! As have so many others in the past. I have made no denigrating comments re. GroupCall as I have no experience of it - apart from the visits we made to schools using communications packages before we made the decision on which to adopt here! That is now a good many years ago!
    We use Schoolcomms here and we are totally satisfied with them!
    I do not want to comtemplate moving to any new providers of anything (apart from CHQ for the Extra-Curricular that is!), as replacements to what works excellently here, until I have 'retired'.
    Then you are not understanding what they are providing. They offer different products - eg. 'Alert' 'Messenger' 'Xport' 'Emerge'. Emerge is purely a program for mobile SIMS use, something that Schoolcomms doesn't do. So you wouldn't be moving to anything, you'd be adding extra functionality...

So, what is your objection again?

Thank Post
    I'd love an Android version, however the big problem there is that Android cannot use proxy servers at the moment which makes them pretty much useless on our network.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,255 Times in 786 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by truebluesteve View Post
    I'd love an Android version, however the big problem there is that Android cannot use proxy servers at the moment which makes them pretty much useless on our network.
    Transparent proxying?

Install a ROM that supports proxies?

Thank Post
    Haven't read all the replies, but I spoke to a lady on the SIMS stand at BETT and she assured me there was a Droid version in the making. Couldn't give a date, and couldn't comment on Windows 7 or BlackBerry though. The iPad/iPhone app looked good - clean and simple to use, so looking forward to seeing this for Android.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
    Haven't read all the replies, but I spoke to a lady on the SIMS stand at BETT and she assured me there was a Droid version in the making. Couldn't give a date, and couldn't comment on Windows 7 or BlackBerry though. The iPad/iPhone app looked good - clean and simple to use, so looking forward to seeing this for Android.
    Thats interesting as the man i spoke to at the Sims stand said no there wouldn't be anything for other versions! Although the Groupcall staff said there would (who tbh i trust more!)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Then you are not understanding what they are providing. They offer different products - eg. 'Alert' 'Messenger' 'Xport' 'Emerge'. Emerge is purely a program for mobile SIMS use, something that Schoolcomms doesn't do. So you wouldn't be moving to anything, you'd be adding extra functionality...

So, what is your objection again?
    Repeat in BOLD! I DID NOT OBJECT!!!!!!!
    And I did not see a 'yet' in your statement! (as opposed to a yeti!)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Repeat in BOLD! I DID NOT OBJECT!!!!!!!
    No, you said 'Not a hope whilever I am involved!' which infers there is an objection! Why is this so difficult to understand? In a thread talking about GroupCall software, you say that, then say that your reason is that you don't want to REPLACE anything, which is exactly what GroupCall Emerge doesn't do - it adds new functionality only.

So, you are therefore objecting to this software being used at your school without providing a valid reason, something which, as I said before, you jump on whenever SIMS.net is talked about in the same way. Getting all colourful about it doesn't change it.

Thank Post
    I never infer ANYTHING in what I type. I mean EXACTLY what I type. Nothing more and nothing less! I can't believe that I have to keep re-stating this publicly!

Please stop INFERRING what my intentions are, when you have no idea what they are!

Mind you - something good may come of this - I may go Red again!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I never infer ANYTHING in what I type. I mean EXACTLY what I type. Nothing more and nothing less! I can't believe that I have to keep re-stating this publicly!

Please stop INFERRING what my intentions are, when you have no idea what they are!

Mind you - something good may come of this - I may go Red again!
    Why not answer the question then? Why are you dismissing this software whilst you are there?

Thank Post
    Good point! Maybe I was a bit hasty in that.
    Maybe we ought to look into it, Now there's an admission eh?
    But not ME.
    What with Discover, Alternative Curriculum, Extra Curriular etc etc to sort before I 'go' (as well as trying to in-service somebody into how to write a Timetable and also how to Set up and Maintain SIMS to it's optimum), then I would never get round to looking at it.
    Maybe now you will see that I have made no attempt at all to denigrate the Software!
    Perhaps you should read me more on SupportNet. I suppose my sense of humour takes some getting used to!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    Good point! Maybe I was a bit hasty in that.
    Maybe we ought to look into it, Now there's an admission eh?
    But not ME.
    What with Discover, Alternative Curriculum, Extra Curriular etc etc to sort before I 'go' (as well as trying to in-service somebody into how to write a Timetable and also how to Set up and Maintain SIMS to it's optimum), then I would never get round to looking at it.
    Maybe now you will see that I have made no attempt at all to denigrate the Software!
    Perhaps you should read me more on SupportNet. I suppose my sense of humour takes some getting used to!
    Somebody hit "Print Screen" before it gets edited!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    Clearly the market is calling out for iPhone emulators on W7 and Android that would enable the app to work.
    On a more serious note, in light of the mac store, could the app be ported to work on a mac? Which would then do away with the need for using vmware/bootcamp/parallels and such like.
    I thought the market was calling out for platform and browser independent solutions. Isn't this what the magical "Cloud" is all about?

Thank Post
    I do not want to comtemplate moving to any new providers of anything
    Tell us something we don't know!

Thank Post
    I believe you jinnantonix. I have seen the product in action.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast