+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, SIMS Exams Module in Technical; OK guys.. can anyone help. Just taken a call from our data manger. Last week we had an issue with ...
    Thank Post

SIMS Exams Module

OK guys.. can anyone help. Just taken a call from our data manger. Last week we had an issue with the exams module, which Capita then part fixed by sending a new local exe for the exams module only. We now have incorrect data in the exams module only. I take nightly backups of the SIMS database. Does anyone know of a way of rolling back just the exams element of the database and not everything else? We can of course do this by manually trawling through the Exams module, but a roll back would be much quicker.

Thank Post
    Hi,

As far as I know, Exams reads it's data from the same tables as the rest of SIMS .net so I don't think there would be a way to only restore exams data. What type of data is showing incorrectly in Exams?

Ian.

Thank Post
    If this has been caused by the exmas error then I would contact your Support Desk. There may be a generic patch available, as I am sure that you will not be the only school affected in this way if it is a genine software error.

Thank Post
    Thanks Guys... Capita are aware of the problem and have released KB106125 to fix the error.. unfortunately our Data manger was under pressure from SLT to get the data sorted and she did her best to fudge the data to get them off her back.. now since the KB release we have erroneous data. GRRRRRRRRRR SLT have alot to blame.. serve me right for going to BETT

Thank Post
    I'm a bit confused. I thought you refered to the updated version of the exams.exe and that it was a result of using that, that you have bad data. That KB I think refers to the original issue with the exams result files and the updated exams.exe was intended to address that original issue? Or am I missing something. Your original post worried me as we have used that revised module and loaded in our unit results yesterday, and all appear to have gone in fine so we have not spent any further time checking. We did not do any manual entry - just waited for the fix.

Sorry - just read your latest post!! Ok so the rushed manual entry wasn't valid and the results re-loaded with the new module have not left a clean situation. ok - I'm relieved but sorry for you.
    Last edited by resin1; 18th January 2011 at 10:14 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marekbrad View Post
    ...... unfortunately our Data manger was under pressure from SLT to get the data sorted and she did her best to fudge the data to get them off her back.. now since the KB release we have erroneous data ......
    Maybe your SLT have learned a lesson from this! They simply have to wait for these things until the guys that know sort things out! And yes - I do say this sort of thing to our SLT, if they are pushing for something too quickly!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread