+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
MIS Systems Thread, Phoenix E1 versus CMIS, Hebron.Net, ISAMS, SIMS.net in Technical; Originally Posted by StArbiter Hi Lily and wlecome. If you would like to post your school email address I would ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Re: Phoenix E1 versus CMIS, Hebron.Net, ISAMS, SIMS.net

Quote Originally Posted by StArbiter
    Hi Lily

and wlecome. If you would like to post your school email address I would be more than happy to send you my thoughts of G2.
    Please use the PM function found at the foot of every post

Thank Post

Thanks Mark - Lily did just that but was unwilling to give her school details :?:

Thank Post

All,

I'm Nigel Rayner, Sales and Marketing Manager for IntegrisG2.

On Wednesday one of my team posted an entry on this forum that appeared to be from a school. When challenged by Russell I'm afraid she compounded this mistake by not owning up immediately.

This is clearly not acceptable and I'd like to apologise for it right now.

It's not our policy to do this, you may note contributions elsewhere on the forum by members of the Integris team correctly identifying exactly who we are. The fact that our newest recruit was not aware of this is my responsibility and this is a lesson learned.

To make sure it doesn't happen again we'll be taking Russell Dyas up on his offer to advise us on how to effectively communicate with customers via online communities. In the meantime I can only apologise again and say that our sponsorship of this forum is precisely because it's open, the last thing we want to do is compromise this.

If anyone wants to contact me directly my email is nrayner@rm.com.

Nigel

Thank Post

I have a client that has had Hebron.net installed for 18 months and despite Hebron and the client's best Endeavours they are unable to get it work. They are considering going back to the old version of Hebron and regret changing. I would take great care in evaluating this product.

Thank Post

I think our school is one of the few that are starting to implement iSAMS this year. I only know of 3-4 more that are "going live" with iSAMS this year.

Currently, we are going live with Administration staff this week, getting staff on-board by Jan/Feb next year, the iSAMS system is very impressive, when selecting an MIS for this school we looked at quite a few wide-spread MIS systems and iSAMS catered perfectly for private / independant schools.

Thank Post

One of the many schools which use our hebron.NET MIS software extensively and very successfully, has let me know of the negative post made by 'IT4Schools' - see above.

As Hebron's Chairman, I am concerned at what 'IT4Schools is saying for two reasons.

First, if we have a school which is unhappy, I would want to know which.

Second, 'IT4Schools' has no Edugeek Profile, has only made 2 posts, both of which are identical, making it look suspiciously like a 'plant' from a competitor.

So please, 'IT4Schools', let us all know who you are, what your position and work is, and the details of the school you mention.

Regards,

Piers du Pre
    Chairman
    Hebron UK Ltd
    Last edited by vikpaw; 28th September 2011 at 10:40 AM. Reason: company link

Thank Post

iSAMS?

Having read everyone's feedback, it seems that apart from iSAMS, every system has been disliked by some schools. We are in the process of changing our MIS system and have been looking at all the listed system. For us Phoenix e1, iSAMS and SERCO has stood out. But after reading the comments I am not sure anymore.

Anyone able to give feedback on iSAMS?

Thank Post

School MIS Systems

We had used Phoenix Gold for about 10 years and felt it was coming to the end of its useful life and was not being developed at the same rate as other MIS systems. We have recently taken on Schoolbase a MIS developed by Furlong Business Solutions. The overall package is excellent and Furlong have an outstanding back up team of developers and helplines. I would be happy to expand on this should any School, independent or otherwise wish to contact me on dre@birkenheadschool.co.uk

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    Cheers MCPMan, sounds good - maybe I'll investigate this compny further, what is this EPortal software alll abuot I have never heard of iut.

Does the hebron package allow any form of web use cos the SMT at the school are asking about working from home for reports. I can see lots of questions about mending their old windows 95 computers that they have at home!

Franks.
    Hi Frankie,

Did you make a choice? As I suspect you know, we re-named Hebron to Double First early this year when we started selling into the British Schools in the Middle East....

In answer to your question, Engage (the new name for hebron.NET) has fully functioning Teacher and Parent portals. More than happy to ask a consultant to demonstrate the software to you should you want this.

The following groups have chosen Engage - United Church Schools, United learning Trust, CfBT, Aplha Plus, SEK, Aldar, etc etc.

Best regards,

Piers
    Double First Chair

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12