+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, General SQL Error aftering upgrading to FMS 6.136 in Technical; Hi, We've upgraded on SIMS/FMS server to 7.136/6.136 and set about upgrading our clients. On most machines after upgrading FMS ...

Thank Post

Exclamation General SQL Error aftering upgrading to FMS 6.136

Hi,

We've upgraded on SIMS/FMS server to 7.136/6.136 and set about upgrading our clients. On most machines after upgrading FMS we are now getting a General SQL Error:

General SQL error.
    [Microsoft][SQL Native Client] SQL Network Interfaces: Error Locating Server/Instance Specified [xFFFFFFFF].
    [Microsoft][SQL Native Client] An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.
    [Microsoft][SQL Native Client] Login timeout expired
    Alias: dbCheckLogin

I've checked everything I can think of, firewalls are off on both server and client, fmsconnect.ini is correct, sever is accessible from the clients experencing the problem, checked the entry for the SIMS_FMS_DATABASE User DSN under ODBC which is correct and even rebooted the affected client as suggested in one KB article on SupportNet.

When trying to login to SIMS after upgrading on these clients we are getting reason 0 errors. I've worked through the various fixes and nothing appears to make a difference

The server is running SQL 2008 SP2 and yesterday I upgraded the OS from Windows Server 2008 SP2 x64 to Windows Server 2008 R2 as it is supported from the Autumn 2010 release - I'd upgraded to Autumn 2010 prior to the OS upgrade.

My gut feeling is that the upgrade as done somthing to SQL and that the reason it no longer works, but what?

Thank Post
    Panic over! I'd also installed Culumative Update 2 for SQL 2008 SP" and this caused the problems. After uninstalling it all now works.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread