+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
MIS Systems Thread, SIMS Cover HTML in Technical; Originally Posted by LosOjos You know, if you really want people to stop having a dig, you should try helping ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    You know, if you really want people to stop having a dig, you should try helping people out every now and then rather than just flaming them for not thinking SIMS is perfect... constructive criticism is received much better I find

Anyway, this is getting off topic now, so that's the last I'll say on the matter (until next time of course)
    Maybe you should check out a few of my recent posts. I didn't go from 4 (or was it 5?) Red Squares to 1 Green one for nothing!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scholarpack View Post
    So why not stay out of the thread instead of saying that the functionality the OP wants changed is actually suitable for him, he just doesn't know it yet.
    Hmmmm..........
    Maybe I ought to start throwing a few more bombs into your threads again.
    I have deliberately kept out of these 'debates' for quite a while!

And while we are at it please do not misread my words and replace them with those of your own choosing! We have been down that route before. Misquoting what I say or what 'I meant to say' has caused enough problems on this website!
    What I say is what I mean - not what you think it means!!!
    I actually agreed by implying that some people would want it changing! I assume that such people will have raised and/or supported such a change request on SupportNet!
    Last edited by Sivadam; 16th December 2010 at 12:40 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivadam View Post
    I didn't go from 4 (or was it 5?) Red Squares to 1 Green one for nothing!
    How you manage that? I think it's time for a red square again, it doesn't look right you having green ones!

4. Thanks to GREED from:

Sivadam (16th December 2010)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 818 Posts
    Hmmmm..........
    The OP came here to ask a question because he isn't happy with the way SIMS presents his data: there was really no need for you to barge in here and try to tell them otherwise! I could understand if this was a thread about how cr*p SIMS is (that's not my opinion BTW) but it's not, it's somebody looking for help, so if you have none to give, butt out. abullet made a comment that people aren't happy with the way Cover is currently presented, which is clearly true as this thread exists, and it is well known that there are Capita employees who read and contribute to these forums, so why not make a suggestion for an improvement? It has after all worked in the past.
    Last edited by LosOjos; 16th December 2010 at 12:41 PM. Reason: wrong user mentioned

Thank Post
    Hmmmm..........

And while we are at it please do not misread my words and replace them with those of your own choosing! We have been down that route before.
    What I say is what I mean - not what you think it means!!!
    I enjoy an interesting and thought provoking debate so please don't refrain if we are in those sort of threads. Bringing politics into a "How do I do this.." thread is a bit silly though.

And without getting into a philosophy debate, surely the person you speak to 'decides' what you mean, since they are not, and can't possibly know what you 'actually' meant, if that's different from they perceived.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I must say however, yes it is rubbish output, but have people logged change requests of supportnet for this? EduGeek is not the place to insigate that as a change.

I am supprised that Capita have not modified this facility yet it has always been basic and many schools do still use it as a means of communication.

Thank Post
    I enjoy an interesting and thought provoking debate so please don't refrain if we are in those sort of threads. Bringing politics into a "How do I do this.." thread is a bit silly though.

And without getting into a philosophy debate, surely the person you speak to 'decides' what you mean, since they are not, and can't possibly know what you 'actually' meant, if that's different from they perceived.
    See above!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    The OP came here to ask a question because he isn't happy with the way SIMS presents his data: there was really no need for you to barge in here and try to tell them otherwise! I could understand if this was a thread about how cr*p SIMS is (that's not my opinion BTW) but it's not, it's somebody looking for help, so if you have none to give, butt out. abullet made a comment that people aren't happy with the way Cover is currently presented, which is clearly true as this thread exists, and it is well known that there are Capita employees who read and contribute to these forums, so why not make a suggestion for an improvement? It has after all worked in the past.
    See above

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 818 Posts
    See above
    So why didn't you suggest the OP log a change request? Much more helpful than just saying (to paraphrase) "you're wrong, SIMS is fine." I'm done with this thread, you don't debate Sivadam, you argue like a child.

11. Thanks to LosOjos from:

scholarpack (16th December 2010)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    This point can be taken both ways. Read up on NLP - Map is not the territory, which means basically that what one says is not how it is percieved by others. This HAS to be taken both ways, so what is heard is not always what is said.

13. Thanks to GREED from:

Sivadam (16th December 2010)

Thank Post
    So why not stay out of the thread instead of saying that the functionality the OP wants changed is actually suitable for him, he just doesn't know it yet.
    I think that if you check back to my initial response, you will find that I did not use many of the words that you have quoted. I assume that means that I did not say them!
    Please stop misrepresenting what I have posted in a Forum Thread!
    What I type is what I mean! Nothing more and nothing less!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GREED View Post
    How you manage that? I think it's time for a red square again, it doesn't look right you having green ones!
    I am afraid that every post that I make that is helpful is mainly ignored (Check a few of the recent ones - no thanks or, in some cases, no response). When I am a little 'controversial' I get plenty of response and then have to explain in simple English that my succinct responses do, in fact, just reflect exactly what the words say!

Now, unfortunately, I have to go. We are installing new software from a new Capita partner for Administering Extra-Curricular activiites. (Not to be confused with Alternative Curriculum that I have also been invoolved with testing and will be delivered by the SIMS Spring Update). Most SIMS users, including those here, will probably benefit from this school trialling this software for them - if they decide to use it in the future!
    Last edited by Sivadam; 16th December 2010 at 12:57 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I am afraid that every post that I make that is helpful is mainly ignored (Check a few of the recent ones - no thanks or, in some cases, no response). When I am a little 'controversial' I get plenty of response and then have to explain in simple English that my succinct responses do, in fact, just reflect exactly what the words say!

Now, unfortunately, I have to go. We are installing new software from a new Capita partner for Administering Extra-Curricular activiites. (Not to be confused with Alternative Curriculum that I have also been invoolved with testing and will be delivered by the SIMS Spring Update). Most SIMS users, including those here, will probably benefit from this school trialling this software for them - if they decide to use it in the future!
    Good luck with that, I was at the first requirements meeting for Extra Curricular 2 years ago, I know how important that is going to turn out to be!

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Keep it on topic, sivdam please don't post in this thread unless your talking about how I can change my html reports.

18. Thanks to zag from:

vikpaw (18th December 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zag View Post
    Keep it on topic, sivadam please don't post in this thread unless your talking about how I can change my html reports.
    I will respect that wish after this one last post, being as you have requested this.

I would add that the advice that I and GREED have given re. logging a CR is good advice if you wish Capita to make changes to the SIMS Software.

Please accept my apologies for going off topic.
    Last edited by Sivadam; 16th December 2010 at 04:49 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast