+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Reporting a students Behaviour/Achievement points total in Technical; Is there a way to report a students net acheivement/behaviour points? The filed is calculated in SIMS in the behaviour ...

Thank Post

Reporting a students Behaviour/Achievement points total

Is there a way to report a students net acheivement/behaviour points?

The filed is calculated in SIMS in the behaviour management screen but I can't see where to actually report that value.

I'd ideally like to report on a students accademic points total between a set period without having to report to some really complex Excel creation.

I need the totals for all students in the school. So it would be a real pain to have to do it though Excel (I don't think impossible, just a pain)

Thank Post
    A new area has been aded to the Reporting Dictionary. This is called Conduct Management and you can use this area when designing Reports. Unfortunately you still don't seem to be able to report across a date range with the standaard report.
    Have you seen the 'Reporting Challenge (29751)' thread on SupportNet where I refer to the anlaysis reports that I uploaded to the File Sharing area? These may help.
    Last edited by Sivadam; 13th December 2010 at 08:24 PM.

Thank Post
    Cheers. I've been thinking that I can do it through Excel as it's an adaptation of the reports I've created to do that for each boarding house, however it's easier when you have to lookup 8 boarding houses or 400 odd students. Plus the boarding houses don't change!

I'll have a look at that topic and in the latest update to SIMS. Unfortunatley the SLG issue forced me to delay the upgrade and now I have to wait until the reports are finished!

Thank Post
    Whilst I'd still need to look at the latest version of SIMS and possibly your reporting thread I have just figured out how to do it for a date range.
    In Excel SUMIFS and the Advanced Filter are your friends. I can now total up the highest scorer's in each year group for a defined date range.*

*Disclaimer - I don't actually have fully complete Behaviour/Achievemnt scores as we are in the implimentation stages at the moment so my sample data is a bit limited. Having said that it looks good.

Thank Post
    Or not! I've just discovered a massive flaw because my sample data was so small! Oh well only a week wasted. Back to the drawing board, hopefully I'll be able to salvage something from the spreadsheets I've written.

Thank Post
    You can do all of this quite easily by using an analysis report. I can send you the files or a screnshot of how to do this next week if you send me your email address.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecalpemos2000 View Post
    You can do all of this quite easily by using an analysis report. I can send you the files or a screnshot of how to do this next week if you send me your email address.
    Which is exactly what I posted earlier in my first response. There are some of my analysis reports on Supportnet, as indicated!

Thank Post
    I've just been looking at the analysis reports and they don't appear to apply the subfilters to student contact. Thus it doesn't suppress blanks or filter by date.
    Also I don't think I can get achievemnet and behaviour on one sheet.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread