This is for Landscape/Portrait but may well work for you:
Please follow the below steps;
1. Go to Reports | Design Report and select 'New' option
2. Select Report base in the 'Select Data Area'. Click Next.
3. Make the necessary selections and click on Next until the 'Define Presentations' option is reached.
4. Double Click on the 'Form Report (RTF)'. Then Click on the User Defined Template option, clicking 'Yes' to start with Blank Template.
5. A Blank Template will be opened in Word. Change the Page Setup of the Template to Lanscape/ A4. Add the required fields and format the Template as needed. Click on 'Save and Close' option.
6. Click on the 'SaveAs' button in the SIMS application. Give a name to the Report and click on Ok.
7. Close the Design Screen. A message box will appear to confirm the changes to the Report. Click on 'Yes' button.
8. Run the Report using the Reports-> Run Report option and select the report.
If the above steps are followed then the user defined formats are retained.
If the Template is edited - the settings are lost and the template would need to be set up from NEW again.