+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
MIS Systems Thread, Students' medical notes in Technical; What about using the Quick note field that already exists - lots of schools use this for example with a ...
    Thank Post
    What about using the Quick note field that already exists - lots of schools use this for example with a simple M to mean "monitoring" or could be used as you have asked re medical condition/note. On training we put "hamster died" when we demonstrate the field in training!!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,306 Times in 1,088 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neilenormal View Post
    What about using the Quick note field that already exists - lots of schools use this for example with a simple M to mean "monitoring" or could be used as you have asked re medical condition/note. On training we put "hamster died" when we demonstrate the field in training!!
    That's okay, but then you have to be in student details and then you're only 1 hot link click away from the full medical record. the problem is to make it more accessible in a full class list format, and ideally linked to the student.

I hate to say it again, but on the bromcom system, it cached or pulled up student info on a right click into a pop up window, and this gave you the summary required. It's still not a list, but easier than having to change your whole view to a different page, that also can take a while to load. The info needs to be available first hand, like a highlight on a paper register. Or teachers need to be able to add their own emphasis on students so it comes up like behaviour. Hopefully as they added the behaviour today and other useful info, they will add in the medical notes, which is really important too. For example, we have many many students with severe allergies, to food, dust, the sun(!) and all staff should know immediately that there is a cause for concern, not have to run a report or check each students file manually.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    All similar data like this can be placed on a single marksheet and then made available to teachers from lesson monitor via the tabs. It's not applicable to all situations, but is a good way to quickly show info, other examples were things that you might normally record on a paper register as notes, like bringing in trip money, mufti day money, needing to bring a note in. some could be read only, others markable with true/false aspect.
    Vik, I soooo like this idea! I have done an AM training course, but it's something I would really like to look into (at the moment my school doesn't use Assessment Manager other than for End of Key Stage recording). The problem I have is finding the time to do it! Life in a Primary School is never dull; the phone never stops ringing, there's always someone at the front door and someone else being sick!

We've had a couple allergic to the sun as well, I also used to have a child allergic to Christmas trees which I thought was quite a good one.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,306 Times in 1,088 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeeHubb View Post
    Vik, I soooo like this idea! I have done an AM training course, but it's something I would really like to look into (at the moment my school doesn't use Assessment Manager other than for End of Key Stage recording). The problem I have is finding the time to do it! Life in a Primary School is never dull; the phone never stops ringing, there's always someone at the front door and someone else being sick!

We've had a couple allergic to the sun as well, I also used to have a child allergic to Christmas trees which I thought was quite a good one.
    I know primary can be v.hard, with very little time. AM7 is very powerful, but can take a while to setup correctly. It's good to do things in stages, there are a number of very useful threads on here with advice. If you can't find them get in touch, or do so anyway if you want and help. Setting up this important info marksheet would be a good way to give staff something useful, that will encourage them to use the system, rather than imposing something like recording grades that over time they will just come to hate.

One good use i've made in primary section is the recording of Group Reading Tests, it took a little bit to set up, but now works really well, autocalculating reading ages and standardised scores and things. The benefit to us is that we don't update the tests each year, which would impose a little maintenance on whoever sets it up.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12