+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33
MIS Systems Thread, User Defined Groups - Sort by name? in Technical; I do love Dilbert, seems there is always a relevant comic and almost always right on the money!...
  1. #16

    LosOjos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    5,452
    Thank Post
    1,439
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 798 Posts
    Rep Power
    707
    I do love Dilbert, seems there is always a relevant comic and almost always right on the money!

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,326
    Thank Post
    36
    Thanked 353 Times in 238 Posts
    Rep Power
    79
    This isn't very smart. I will see what we can do.

  3. Thanks to PhilNeal from:

    LosOjos (7th October 2010)

  4. #18

    LosOjos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    5,452
    Thank Post
    1,439
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 798 Posts
    Rep Power
    707
    Thanks Phil, as much as I rant I do understand you can't please everyone, but this particular issue just seems like such a basic function to be missing!

    Thanks again

  5. #19

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,326
    Thank Post
    36
    Thanked 353 Times in 238 Posts
    Rep Power
    79
    Perfectly reasonable to rant on this one! You should have heard me when I saw it!!

  6. #20

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,326
    Thank Post
    36
    Thanked 353 Times in 238 Posts
    Rep Power
    79
    This issue is fixed in the November release which is due late November.

  7. Thanks to PhilNeal from:

    LosOjos (8th October 2010)

  8. #21

    LosOjos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    5,452
    Thank Post
    1,439
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 798 Posts
    Rep Power
    707
    Fantastic news! Thanks Phil!

  9. #22
    Sivadam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Dronfield - Derbyshire
    Posts
    1,449
    Thank Post
    136
    Thanked 208 Times in 175 Posts
    Rep Power
    55
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....
    I wonder why the change requests such as CR No. 0810-412626 posted on 10/10/2008 never surfaced on the radar.
    That was one I supported and I am sure there were others over the years.
    Last edited by Sivadam; 8th October 2010 at 09:20 PM.

  10. #23

    LosOjos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    5,452
    Thank Post
    1,439
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 798 Posts
    Rep Power
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivadam View Post
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....
    I wonder why the change requests such as CR No. 0810-412626 posted on 10/10/2008 never surfaced on the radar.
    That was one I supported and I am sure there were others over the years.
    I guess SupportNet isn't the be all and end all of SIMS support after all eh Sivadam?

    [BTW, I'm joking because we all know how much Sivadam likes to try and push us all over to SupportNet! ]

  11. #24
    Sivadam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Dronfield - Derbyshire
    Posts
    1,449
    Thank Post
    136
    Thanked 208 Times in 175 Posts
    Rep Power
    55
    The point is that the well supported CRs should be analysed and discussed at the yearly Software Meetings.
    This request had quite a bit of support and appears to have been a relatively quick fix. So one wonders what happened to this CR that year ......
    And, as GREED says, the issue has been raised at other times as well.
    Last edited by Sivadam; 8th October 2010 at 09:58 PM.

  12. #25

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,326
    Thank Post
    36
    Thanked 353 Times in 238 Posts
    Rep Power
    79
    Mike & Graham you make a very fair point. When I discussed this issue internally I discovered that it had not been properly understood. Frankly it should have been treated as a bug and not a change request.

  13. Thanks to PhilNeal from:

    Sivadam (9th October 2010)

  14. #26

    vikpaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    5,974
    Thank Post
    674
    Thanked 1,384 Times in 1,146 Posts
    Rep Power
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivadam View Post
    The point is that the well supported CRs should be analysed and discussed at the yearly Software Meetings.
    This request had quite a bit of support and appears to have been a relatively quick fix. So one wonders what happened to this CR that year ......
    And, as GREED says, the issue has been raised at other times as well.
    Hear hear.

    Quote Originally Posted by PhilNeal View Post
    Mike & Graham you make a very fair point. When I discussed this issue internally I discovered that it had not been properly understood. Frankly it should have been treated as a bug and not a change request.
    I think that happens a lot. I had an issue recently where a bug was mistaken for a change request. I've got 5 Strongly Agrees and 1 Agree. That's so far below the radar i may as well find a work around outside of SIMs!

  15. #27

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    37
    Thank Post
    4
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    10
    Strange that Phil can get this done so quickly. I had this as a support call with my LEA years ago. The answer they gave me after weeks of discussion was that Capita couldn't do anything about it. Times change so perhaps the coding is simpler now or something.

  16. #28

    vikpaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    5,974
    Thank Post
    674
    Thanked 1,384 Times in 1,146 Posts
    Rep Power
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjelica View Post
    Strange that Phil can get this done so quickly. I had this as a support call with my LEA years ago. The answer they gave me after weeks of discussion was that Capita couldn't do anything about it. Times change so perhaps the coding is simpler now or something.
    It's almost worth not going to SupportNet if you can get gripes resolved here quicker

    I like the profile by the way - that's some claim

  17. #29
    GeeHubb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    182
    Thank Post
    17
    Thanked 37 Times in 32 Posts
    Rep Power
    57
    Sooooo, let's see if I've got this right then.... All the CR's I've ever posted on Supportnet that never see the light of day (even the one that I had about two years ago that says it's accepted but has never appeared as far as I'm aware), could have been picked up immediately by Phil on Edugeek and actioned. Hmmmmm. Perhaps we could petition Edugeek to set up a SIMS Change Requests Forum and start posting them on here instead. Makes a bit of a mockery of Supportnet though doesn't it? (and if I could work out how to insert a smiley wink, I'd put it here so please use your imagination) ;o)

  18. #30

    vikpaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    5,974
    Thank Post
    674
    Thanked 1,384 Times in 1,146 Posts
    Rep Power
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by GeeHubb View Post
    Sooooo, let's see if I've got this right then.... All the CR's I've ever posted on Supportnet that never see the light of day (even the one that I had about two years ago that says it's accepted but has never appeared as far as I'm aware), could have been picked up immediately by Phil on Edugeek and actioned. Hmmmmm. Perhaps we could petition Edugeek to set up a SIMS Change Requests Forum and start posting them on here instead. Makes a bit of a mockery of Supportnet though doesn't it? (and if I could work out how to insert a smiley wink, I'd put it here so please use your imagination) ;o)
    Not ALL of them, just the bugs! SupportNet change requests is a mockery, i spent hours searching through for something last week, and only got back as far as 2 weeks. I can't imagine they search through them with a fine tooth comb.

    I quite often post my change requests here and on SupportNet forums in order to gain support, not that it works much.

    It would be nice to have an official SIMS corner on EG

    As for smileys, you have to Go Advanced to see them, or know the shortcut code, in your case leave out the 'o'.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 4th August 2010, 10:04 AM
  2. [SIMS] Photo lists from user defined groups [Solved]
    By _techie_ in forum MIS Systems
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 3rd December 2009, 08:55 AM
  3. SIMS - User Defined Fields
    By Ecalpemos2000 in forum MIS Systems
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14th November 2009, 06:25 AM
  4. SIMs.net - User defined fields in reports?
    By duncane in forum MIS Systems
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 21st September 2008, 08:07 AM
  5. Sims.net (unique user defined reports missing)
    By edie209 in forum MIS Systems
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15th June 2006, 12:17 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •