+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Does Capita One support SIF like SIMS Partnership Exchange? in Technical; Hi, I am looking into the possibility of using SIF to import Early Years data into Capita One. Had a ...

Thank Post

Does Capita One support SIF like SIMS Partnership Exchange?

Hi,

I am looking into the possibility of using SIF to import Early Years data into Capita One. Had a look at Partnership Exchange and SIMS but the school session timetable does suit the way Early Years attendance and funding information is captured.

I am presuming (hoping) One works with SIF too but haven't come across any documentation. Is there any information on Capita One and SIF?

thanks,
    Dobs

Thank Post
    As far as I am aware there is no agent for Capita One, so I think your out of luck.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
    As far as I am aware there is no agent for Capita One, so I think your out of luck.
    Banjo, Many thanks for this information. I shall raise it with them at the next SIF Association meeting. Best wishes, Dobs.

Thank Post
    SIF is not designed for dual ownership of data in mind i.e. where neither the school nor the LA has exclusive say on the correctness of the data. Any rejection of data just ends up on the server and in an LA there are thousands of disputes at this time of year. As a consequence SIF is not, at present, suitable for SIMS/ONE transfer.

Thank Post
    Aren't you after B2B?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilNeal View Post
    SIF is not designed for dual ownership of data in mind i.e. where neither the school nor the LA has exclusive say on the correctness of the data. Any rejection of data just ends up on the server and in an LA there are thousands of disputes at this time of year. As a consequence SIF is not, at present, suitable for SIMS/ONE transfer.
    Hi Phil,

I was bit too quick with the Send button and missed out a "not" in my original post which rather changed the meaning, sorry. Once I had compared the structure of the Early Years data with the SIMS pupil record structure I had to put aside the idea of integration via SIMS. The data we collect is largely based upon fields available within the Capita One Early Years module so I know Capita One supports our Early Years data structure. What I would like to avoid is having people rekey details on several thousand children into One each term. Would you happen to know if there are any plans for a Capita One SIF Agent ?

Best wishes,

Dobs.

Thank Post
    Hi Dobs - We have a partner Group Call that has produced a SIMSM SIF agent; it could be that they would be prepared to write an agent for ONE, indeed they may already have done so?

You may have read the DfE report on SIF which raised a number of concerns over its future; there is a suppliers meeting with DfE coming up that might make the future of SIF in the UK clearer.

8. Thanks to PhilNeal from:

dobs (30th September 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilNeal View Post
    Hi Dobs - We have a partner Group Call that has produced a SIMSM SIF agent; it could be that they would be prepared to write an agent for ONE, indeed they may already have done so?

You may have read the DfE report on SIF which raised a number of concerns over its future; there is a suppliers meeting with DfE coming up that might make the future of SIF in the UK clearer.
    Hi Phil,

I wasn't aware but have just Googled and read the report. Thank you very much. Interesting times.

Best wishes,

Dobs.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread