+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Sims Exams - Split Site in Technical; Can anyone help me with this please. We have taken over the running of a 6th form college which is ...

Thank Post

Sims Exams - Split Site

Can anyone help me with this please.

We have taken over the running of a 6th form college which is 10 miles away, the QCDA have advised us to keep separate centre numbers for exams however we run our system on sims accross both sites.

How then can i go about doing entries via edi that come from each of the sites with different centre numbers?

I can see that if i change the centre number in exams organiser that seems to work with issuing students uci's for that centre but is that the only way? do i need to change the centre number in the school set up each time we want to send entries for one of the sites?

any ideas?

thanks

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 794 Posts
    Hi Emma,

I'm also from a split site school, and that (we are told) is the only way to do it. We were also told that Capita would not support any school who does this if problems were to occur as a result of it (thanks Capita for your inadequate and out of date exams software!).

Just be very careful and remember to check you're working with the right centre number before you prepare your entries or import your results is all the advice I can give.

Also, if you have more than one person who will be working on entries, you need to work out a system between yourselves as to who will use it at what time: if one of you is in the middle of entries and another changes the centre number, the entries you were working on will go to the centre the system has been changed to!

Good Luck!

Thank Post
    Thanks LosOjos

i'm glad i'm not the only one in this situation. thats what we'll have to do then.

Do you know if we need to change the centre number when we create the markheets or just when the entries are being added to them?

thanks

Emma

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 794 Posts
    Actually that question came up yesterday, and I'm now worried that the centre number is only applied when submissions files are made, which raises a huge problem if (like us) your two sites are using the same exam boards for subjects; how are you supposed to seperate the two sites?

Has anybody else made entries from a split site school? How did you do it?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread