+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, deleting incorrectly imported set of grades in Technical; Hi, I want do delete a set of grades imported into an aspect and a given result set (using Routines ...

Thank Post

deleting incorrectly imported set of grades

Hi,
    I want do delete a set of grades imported into an aspect and a given result set (using Routines Data In ) in error.

I seem to remember there was a way under Tools - Performance - assessment then somehow selecting the results by date (today) or similar etc. but am nervous about going to far into these options.

I only want to delete a subset of imports ( done today) not the whole result set or aspect or perhaps it's just easier to overwrite with the correct results - not sure if they're overwritten or each imported is stored in some timestamped way?.

ANy help appreciated

Cheers
    Chris

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,168 Times in 797 Posts
    I may be wrong here, but if I understand correctly, results are stored against an aspect by date or result set, so if you've imported in to a result set, I'm afraid you've overwritten the previously stored results and won't be able to get them back that easily.

The only way I can think you can get them back is to restore yesterday's backup to a dummy server, export the relevant results, then re-import them in to your actual database; if you have local SIMS support they may be able to do that for you

Thank Post
    Thanks for clarifying - I've sorted out now as I've just reimported some data into the same result set overwriting the previous data - I just didn't want to end up with multiple version of the data all over the place.

Thanks Again
    Chris

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    The routine is where you expect it, and works very well. Yes it is scary, but if you know how many results you imported, then you can compare with the number to be deleted, as it warns you. You can be specific about the result date and many other things. Run through the wizard to see the options available, you dont have to click the final delete button if you dont want to.

Tools | Performance | Assessment | System Utilities | Results

Then you can delete them.

If they were imported against a result set, then there is no date stamping visible to us (no history so to speak), possibly something hidden in the SQL tables, but so long as your are using result sets, you can only store one value per Aspect+Resultset combo, so if you defo need data in, you can overwrite it or just reimport other data over the top.

Edit: oops too late
    Last edited by vikpaw; 21st September 2010 at 01:59 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread