+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Sims crashes when amending templetes in Assessment management 7 in Technical; When we are trying to amend templates in Assessment Manager 7 SIMS Crashes giving the Fault code 1646 6244 0900, ...

Thank Post

Sims crashes when amending templetes in Assessment management 7

When we are trying to amend templates in Assessment Manager 7 SIMS Crashes giving the Fault code 1646 6244 0900, and this happens randomly?

Any suggestions

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 794 Posts
    Could be the infamous "too many records" error.

Unfortunately there seems to be nothing you can do except save regularly to reduce the damage. Very frustrating!

Thank Post
    oh, its a pain

Thank Post
    I'd gladly be proven wrong on this one, unfortunately though I don't think I will be it is a real pain in the rear but you'll soon get in to the habit of saving every couple of minutes (until of course you're in a rush and end up losing a 20+ column marksheet complete with formulae and colour coding; not a happy moment when it crashes on you!)

Thank Post
    This problem isn't on my radar at the moment - could you give me a case reference please so that I can follow it up.

Thanks

Thank Post
    Hi Phil, if it's the error I think it is then there is a KB article on SupportNet for it, but unfortunately it's not very helpful and just tells you that "the problem is proving difficult to solve and seems to happen when you are editing a large number of records". Next time I get the error (I've been getting much less on our freshly installed database, but would get at least 2 a day on our old database) I'll post a screenshot of the error and link to the KB for you.

7. Thanks to LosOjos from:

PhilNeal (20th September 2010)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 1,143 Posts
    Is it the same fault code every time?
    Have your tried search for solution button? (yes it's not often there's a fix but you never know, it might be linked to a SupportNet KB).
    Other reasons for this could be the number of columns in the template, especially if it's an old one with many columns, and hasn't been edited for a while.
    Possibly the OS/permissions if you've upgraded recently.
    If you've been editing things for a long time SIMS needs a rest, so you could log off and take a coffee break.

Thank Post
    Now I'm going to start by saying that this seems to be a record! I used to get this problem A LOT so expected to reply a long long time ago with the KB reference etc., however since my last post on this thread, today is the first time it's happened!

I got thinking that this may actually help with the diagnosis of the problem, as it just so happens that we're running a new SIMS install, and AM7 is getting quite large now, with thousands of marksheets based on hundreds of templates. Perhaps the volume of data entered in to AM7 is causing this error?

Anyway, the details:
    KB#: KB26912
    Fault Code: 1066-0174-9900
    Error Message: "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. : System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException"
    Error Tech Details:
    Code:
       at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._SerializationInvoke(Object target, SignatureStruct& declaringTypeSig, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.SerializationInvoke(Object target, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
       at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.CompleteISerializableObject(Object obj, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
       at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.FixupSpecialObject(ObjectHolder holder)
       at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.DoFixups()
       at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
       at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
       at System.Resources.ResourceReader.DeserializeObject(Int32 typeIndex)
       at System.Resources.ResourceReader.LoadObjectV2(Int32 pos, ResourceTypeCode& typeCode)
       at System.Resources.ResourceReader.LoadObject(Int32 pos, ResourceTypeCode& typeCode)
       at System.Resources.RuntimeResourceSet.GetObject(String key, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean isString)
       at System.Resources.RuntimeResourceSet.GetObject(String key, Boolean ignoreCase)
       at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetObject(String name, CultureInfo culture, Boolean wrapUnmanagedMemStream)
       at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetObject(String name)
       at SIMS.UserInterfaces.MainException.InitializeComponent()
       at SIMS.UserInterfaces.MainException..ctor(Exception exception)
       at SIMS.UserInterfaces.DefaultEntryPoint.catchAll(Object sender, ThreadExceptionEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.OnThreadException(Exception t)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProcException(Exception e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnThreadException(Exception e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
       at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
       at SIMS.UserInterfaces.DefaultEntryPoint.Main(String[] commandLineArguments)

I've also attached a screenshot (just for good measure)

sims_err.gif

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread