+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Printing new student Timetables in Technical; So our new Director of Studies is having trouble printing timetables. Now we're into the start of term (from the ...

Thank Post

Printing new student Timetables

So our new Director of Studies is having trouble printing timetables.

Now we're into the start of term (from the 2nd) our admission's officer has admitted the new pupils with their start dates as the 6th (which is correct as far as I have always been told because that is when they come). Also the do all HAVE timetables.

When you go into Reports, Print Timetables and follow the wizard changing the effective date for the 6th the new pupils don't appear. Any suggestions why?

For reference I can go to Reports, Timetables, Student Timetables, set the date forward, find the whole year group, select the students (who do appear) and generate their timetables but this view cuts out the room for each class in the cells.

Thank Post
    Have you looked at when the memberships for the curriculum schemes start?

Thank Post
    Where would I find that? (sorry, not done any Nova Training!!)

Should that matter? If I set the dates forward in the wizzard until after terms starts they should be there.
    If I look under Focus, School, Accademic Structure, Assignment by scheme they all start on the 2nd.

Thank Post
    We've had the same issue, thankfully we've got inset on monday so our LA support teams response was to print them then as this will be after there start date (a bit fingers crossed as they didn't really have a clue)!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I had the same issue. Although I chose the effective date, new student didn’t appear before their admission date. My solution is, when I select student to print time table, for the new one, I choose their status is ‘any’ not ‘current’, enter their name and search then they appear for me to add. I think the effective date is just for their time table not for their membership date.

Thank Post
    Glad I'm not the only one. I'm sure I changed their status and couldn't find them....
    Interestingly I noticed that the timetable hadn't been applied (Tools ==> Accademic Management ==> Apply Timetable (and despite me asking the Capita Consultatnt who was here to do that little job when he was doing some timetable training for the new year)). Would that have made a difference?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,466 Times in 1,218 Posts
    Not sure if it's relevant but there was some discussion on SupportNet regarding what i think were similar issues, and since the summer upgrade v7.132 there is a problem with the print timetables routine if you try to use it for future dates. It worked before, but for now is a known issue.

If you need to do this a lot after the 6th / start date, then i'd catch up on the threads on SupportNet so you are up to date on any fixes that may come about.

Thank Post
    Vik (been away or just having a blitz by the way?)
    Unfortunatley the problem is doing it before the start date. I new we could get the timetables on the start date. Problem exasperated by my "crazy" idea to set the pupils start date to the date they turn up to school not the inset days. Bit of a pain printing timetables if you can't set the future date's forward.

Thanks for th pointers though as an incidental comment someone else posted gave me something to look at and I think I've just sussed out how to edit the timetables unter reports ==> timetables ==> Student Timetables so that they print out correclty. Which would have saved a load of panic. We could get that to work but couldn't get the timetables to look correct and display all the information properly.
    Last edited by Stuart_C; 7th September 2010 at 06:29 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,466 Times in 1,218 Posts
    @stuart - both. Been away for summer and school hasn't started yet, so doing upgrades, and blitzing in between.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread