timzim (24th August 2010)
Please see below a notice that we have issued on SupportNet
Most exams officers will by now be aware of problems with OCR's result files for Series 6A10_01.
Three issues have been identified.
- Single award GCSE certifications for modular specifications are defined in the basedata as Result Type 1 (grade only) and gradeset F. Results however have been issued as Result Type B (grade plus total UMS). On import, EO6 reads the B, and interprets the next three characters as a UMS score, which it regards as an Equivalent, and looks for the appropriate aspect to store it against. Because of the mismatch, it fails, so reports 'Equivalent Aspect not found.' The next two characters it identifies as the grade, which it validates against gradeset F, and records, correctly, as the Result. OCR currently intend to issue revised basedata with Result Type B, and the maximum mark indicated, which will enable the existing result files to import as intended.
- Some, if not all, results which should have been returned as A* have in fact been returned as A. These can be corrected manually by users, but OCR intend to re-isse result files when they have identified the problem.
- Double award GCSE certifications for modular specifications are declared in the basedata as Result Type 1, with two distinct grades from gradeset F. This appears as 1F F. Again, however, OCR have returned results in the form, for example, B143DE. EO6 interprets this as an equivalent mark, but, as above, fails to find the approriate aspect, which it reports; it then interprets DE as the grade, which it validates against gradeset F, fails, and reports 'Result out of range for aspect.' Thus neither result is imported. In this case OCR do not have the option of reissuing basedata with Result Type B because Formats Version 12 specifies that only one grade may be issued in this context. They will have to leave the basedata as it is, and reissue this result in the form 1D E.
OCR are currently considering their options for resolving these issues. Meanwhile we will do our best to keep users abreast of developments.
timzim (24th August 2010)
Ah thank god we was not the only ones
We have been informed by OCR that revised basedata for series 6A10_01 is now available for download (revision x05). Result type for single award modular certifications has been amended to B, and maximum marks have been supplied. Early reports from users indicate that this modification allows successful import of grades below A*, along with the total UMS corresponding to the grade. This value appears in the Candidate Statement of Results in the 'Equivalent' column.
Revised results files have also been generated and released to schools early this morning, with two corrections:
1. A* grades for single award modular certifications are now correctly returned;
2. Results for double award modular certifications are now returned using the same formulation as is normal for dual science, except that the two grades are not necessarily the same, e.g. 1D E.
We believe this should resolve all known issues with OCR results.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)