+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Scheduled Task not working after sql2008 migration. in Technical; This is my first posting so here goes: I have recently migrated SIMS from sql2005 to sql2008 and after doing ...

Thank Post

Scheduled Task not working after sql2008 migration.

This is my first posting so here goes:

I have recently migrated SIMS from sql2005 to sql2008 and after doing so the scheduled task stopped working in SIMS. When I go to scheduled tasks and try to open any of them I get the following error message:

UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. Fault Code: 1347-8174-1600 A .Net Framework error occured during execution of user-defined routine or aggregate "db_fnt_get_scheduled_tasks_all": System. UnauthorisedAccessException: Access is Denied(Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))(see attachment for full message).

Has anybody else had this problem and if so how did you resolve it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank Post
    Suggestion on another site that this may be due to SQL service not running as Local System account but running as Network Service. Change to local system account and try again?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    It's best to log a support call about this, although after a week of playing and talking to Capita I pin pointed the cause.

As Neilenormal suggests, part of it is to do with the SQL Service not running as the Local System Account - This needs to be changed from Network Service to use the Local System Account using the SQL Server Configuration Manager.

You might, depending on if you are running Server 2008 or not, need to follow KB38502 on Supportnet to re-enable the use of the Scheduled Tasks (I fixed mine by removing the Scheduled Tasks from The Task Library, then going to C:\Windows\Tasks and removing any .job files which seemed linked to SIMS because part of the problem seems to be the Network Service has permission to create the .job file but not the scheduled task in C:\Windows\System32\Tasks - By Removing these .job files from C:\Windows\Tasks SIMS was then able to recreate the scheduled task.).

The only reason I would still recommend opening a Support Call is that I've only just resolved this issue with Capita but need them to check an additional Aspect of it because something isn't working as I would expect it and don't know if it's a major thing or not (The Scheduled Time in the SIMS UI isn't updating, but I don't know if this is vital or not, at the moment I'm assuming not)

Thank Post
    Thank you for you contributions, I have had a call logged with Capita for weeks about this issue with no real solution. The SQL Service not running as the Local System Account - This needs to be changed from Network Service to use the Local System Account using the SQL Server Configuration Manager. worked a treat.

Once again thankyou for those who contributed.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread