View Poll Results: Do you use Capita's SupportNet forum?

Voters
34. This poll is closed
  • Yes, all the time.

15 44.12%
  • Yes, sometimes.

12 35.29%
  • No, have to go through LA or other support.

3 8.82%
  • No.

3 8.82%
  • Not sure what it is.

1 2.94%
+ Post New Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
MIS Systems Thread, SupportNet and Helpdesk discussion in Technical; Originally Posted by vikpaw Then you are not abiding by the rules of the forum. If i go to a ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    Then you are not abiding by the rules of the forum.

If i go to a room in a place i've never been before looking for help, and then a big shouting match starts not really connected to what i'm asking, then i may be scared off. Even if someone passes me a note that says they are willing to help, even if some of the help is relevant and useful, i might wonder what i'm letting myself in for.
    If I am not abiding by the rules of the Forums then you have 4 choices:
    1) Change the rules.
    2) Ban me.
    3) Put up with me.
    4) Explain the rules to those that denigrate excellent software for no good reason!

Maybe 2) would be the best option - but then the readers here might just have an inkling why and that action could even lead to others followuing the lead that I and a few others have made!

When I respond to a statement directly related to the intial post - as I did in this case then IT IS directly related to that post! One wonders how you can infer that it is not!
    Last edited by Sivadam; 26th July 2010 at 03:04 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by creese View Post
    But my offer was accepted and a list of suggestions given. So that doesn't apply.
    And i may still wonder what i've let myself in for. I may wonder if i'm going to be berated for my mistakes. I may fear going back to the forum and updating the post.
    I may just be busy, going through the list of fixes.
    I may even be ashamed of my mistakes.

[p.s. "I BELIEVE" prefix applies ]

-28 31' 48.89", +28 25' 37.42" ... if only.
    Thank Post
    And i may still wonder what i've let myself in for. I may wonder if i'm going to be berated for my mistakes. I may fear going back to the forum and updating the post.
    I may just be busy, going through the list of fixes.

[p.s. "I BELIEVE" prefix applies ]
    But..... I KNOW what the OP said to me and I KNOW what I said to him. As I say, your beliefs are incorrect.

Thank Post
    If that mistake that causes shame is the unfair denigration of the software then we can regard that as a successful outcome. The perpetrator has seen the error of their ways and, hopefully, will make a more appropriate post next time!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivadam View Post
    If I am not abiding by the rules of the Forums then you have 4 choices:
    1) Change the rules.
    2) Ban me.
    3) Put up with me.
    4) Explain the rules to those that denigrate excellent software for no good reason!

Maybe 2) would be the best option - but then the readers here might just have an inkling why and that action could even lead to others followuing the lead that I and a few others have made!

When I respond to a statement directly related to the intial post - as I did in this case then IT IS directly related to that post! One wonders how you can infer that it is not!
    Is that your solution to everything, ask to be banned? Fancy martyrdom do you? We try to discourage it.

Thank Post
    Is that your solution to everything, ask to be banned? Fancy martyrdom do you? We try to discourage it.
    Of course it isn't. I wanna reform the whole world as I have always done from being a young man. The trouble is there are those that will never understand that!
    My campaign here has helped to reduce the untrue statements that abounded when I was simply a 'listener'. I think I have also helped encourage others to stand their ground and directly oppose those inaccurate and often abusive statements! I have certainly had plenty of support on a personal basis!

Long may I reign ...............

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by creese View Post
    But..... I KNOW what the OP said to me and I KNOW what I said to him. As I say, your beliefs are incorrect.
    I'm just playing devil's advocate. Why do you believe the OP hasn't replied then?

Quote Originally Posted by Sivadam View Post
    If that mistake that causes shame is the unfair denigration of the software then we can regard that as a successful outcome. The perpetrator has seen the error of their ways and, hopefully, will make a more appropriate post next time!
    As i've explained to you, derailing a thread for your own agenda is not allowed. You are welcome to your view, as was the OP. If you have an issue in general with the views on this forum, start a separate thread about it, i suggested this some time ago, but you shunned that idea and chose to self-impose a ban; one that you kept breaking every time you felt like it.

Thank Post
    I'm just playing devil's advocate. Why do you believe the OP hasn't replied then?
    As i've explained to you, derailing a thread for your own agenda is not allowed. You are welcome to your view, as was the OP. If you have an issue in general with the views on this forum, start a separate thread about it, i suggested this some time ago, but you shunned that idea and chose to self-impose a ban; one that you kept breaking every time you felt like it.
    As I said when I 'returned' - the number of users here who contacted me personally to ask me start posting again was extremely gratifying. How could I refuse them .....?

And derailing a thread must be allowed because that is exactly what I have done and will continue to do - if that thread contains inappropriate statements. There would be absolutely no good reason for putting it in another thread - the errant person may well never read that thread.
    It would also be no good in the case of the suspect posts that appear here, with the (I assume) intent on stirring up trouble. They need contradicting there and then so that others who jump on the bandwagon realise that there are some users who really do know what they are talking about! And they are willing to stand up and say so! Probably the only reason that some of those posts are investigated was because some of us challenged them!
    Last edited by Sivadam; 26th July 2010 at 03:30 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,162 Times in 987 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Right. I think that's about enough. Deliberately trying to force someone to see a point of view does not work. In fact there was research released last week that came to the conclusion that those who held incorrect beleifs or assumptions often beleived them more strongly when faced with the truth. I'm not going to argure for or against Capitas SupportNet, however I did find this comment....

Do you receive support from your local LEA or Regional Centre support team?
    If so, please contact them first before using any of these Hot Topic solutions.
    ...a little offputting, and the layout dated. However, you can't make people like something they find unhelpful and awkward to use, which is where the heated opinions here seem to be kicking in.
    So Sivadam, please stop trying to force peoples opinion, when their experiences tell them something differant. I know Capita have most probably been following this, and any points raised noted. So I'm going to lock the thread now and ask everyone to calm down.

10. 4 Thanks to Dos_Box:

localzuk (26th July 2010), Mcshammer_dj (26th July 2010), rh91uk (26th July 2010), teejay (26th July 2010)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678