View Poll Results: Do you use Capita's SupportNet forum?

Voters
34. This poll is closed
  • Yes, all the time.

15 44.12%
  • Yes, sometimes.

12 35.29%
  • No, have to go through LA or other support.

3 8.82%
  • No.

3 8.82%
  • Not sure what it is.

1 2.94%
+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
MIS Systems Thread, SupportNet and Helpdesk discussion in Technical; Originally Posted by creese SIMSwise, surely if someone has been out of SIMS for 'years' their knowledge is old knowledge. ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by creese View Post
    SIMSwise, surely if someone has been out of SIMS for 'years' their knowledge is old knowledge. SIMS has changed a great deal in the last couple of years. I am dealing with quite different problems now compared to even 2 years ago.
    I totally agree.
    I have respect for many ex-users of SIMS as I know them personally. However, if somebody does not have access to SupportNet then it obviously means that they no longer work with SIMS. The longer that period of non-SIMS usage is then the more 'unsafe' any advice from those people becomes.
    Maybe that is why we get so much misiniformation and unfair comments about MIS Systems on these Forums!
    I would not want anybody to follow any advice from anybody who no longer works with SIMS! Maybe this forum should serve as a warning to new users!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,382 Times in 1,144 Posts
    SIMSwise, surely if someone has been out of SIMS for 'years' their knowledge is old knowledge. SIMS has changed a great deal in the last couple of years. I am dealing with quite different problems now compared to even 2 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivadam View Post
    I totally agree.
    I have respect for many ex-users of SIMS as I know them personally. However, if somebody does not have access to SupportNet then it obviously means that they no longer work with SIMS. The longer that period of non-SIMS usage is then the more 'unsafe' any advice from those people becomes.
    Maybe that is why we get so much misiniformation and unfair comments about MIS Systems on these Forums!
    I would not want anybody to follow any advice from anybody who no longer works with SIMS! Maybe this forum should serve as a warning to new users!
    Though the principles are still the same, the age old errors still come up, e.g. Reason 0. and the poll shows, that some 18% of people don't have access to SupportNet anyway.

I'm not trying to say EG is better than SupportNet or that it should be used first, i'm just saying that there's nothing wrong in coming here for a discussion. Being told off and 're-educated' for doing so is just denigrating the users and the forum.

The issues lie with successful marketing of SupportNet, making the interface easier as per the survey they did a while back, and abolishing the blocks to using it.

Thank Post
    Every single SIMS user in the whole universe has access to SupportNet!
    They only have to register - as I have posted before!
    One of the options on the Poll is completely misleading!

And the forums would not need denigrating if they were 'moderated' correctly! No doubt this post will now get 'moderated' just as some others have when I have criticised the Forums. Yet the original posts that sometimes cause the initial offence are usually ignored!
    Last edited by Sivadam; 26th July 2010 at 02:44 PM.

Thank Post
    I phoned capita, asked for access and told them where I work, and they set me up - has anyone been refused when asking capita?

Thank Post
    You don't even have to do that.
    You can register at the login page!
    (Link posted earlier!)

-28 31' 48.89", +28 25' 37.42" ... if only.
    Thank Post
    Just searched Edugeek for reason 0 - 5 minutes later searching 8 pages of threads all I found was the post from last week, including arguements false info/understandings.
    SupportNet - less than a minute with all solutions and causes listed. 10 minutes to work through them...... a working system

Where would you go first?

And a postscript, I have heard nothing from the OP of the aforementioned thread. I wonder what that suggests.

7. Thanks to creese from:

Sivadam (26th July 2010)

Thank Post
    Nice one Creese!
    I wonder if we are starting to get through............
    Nah - the fog is too thick in here!

Thank Post
    Every single SIMS user in the whole universe has access to SupportNet!
    They only have to register - as I have posted before!
    One of the options on the Poll is completely misleading!

And the forums would not need denigrating if they were 'moderated' correctly! No doubt this post will now get 'moderated' just as some others have when I have criticised the Forums. Yet the original posts that cause the initial offence are usually ignored!
    I spent years at a school, with access to local Support and knew nothing of SupportNet. Never told about it. So even if i'm allowed, i may not know that i am. Either way if it's a false assumption, it is the case and people don't use it because of that. hence i say marketing is needed.

Members should not be denigrating vigilante style, if offence is caused then report it so it can be moderated, if you choose to do your own thing then you may be subject to moderation (quite rightly). If you have a problem with moderation then report it to an admin, there's no need to make a song and dance about it publicly all the time.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    I spent years at a school, with access to local Support and knew nothing of SupportNet. Never told about it. So even if i'm allowed, i may not know that i am. Either way if it's a false assumption, it is the case and people don't use it because of that. hence i say marketing is needed.
    Google???

Thank Post
    Just searched Edugeek for reason 0 - 5 minutes later searching 8 pages of threads all I found was the post from last week, including arguements false info/understandings.
    SupportNet - less than a minute with all solutions and causes listed. 10 minutes to work through them...... a working system

Where would you go first?

And a postscript, I have heard nothing from the OP of the aforementioned thread. I wonder what that suggests.
    Maybe the OP got scared off by the arguing, and the fact the thread was taking massively off topic not once but twice.

I would go to SupportNet first. Of course, as would anyone that knows. That is not the issue here.

If the OP doesn't know, then they should be told but it doesn't have to be in the form of a public shaming. The issue for reason 0 was solved for the user by info from SupportNet, all that was needed was a simple citation.

Thank Post

Members should not be denigrating vigilante style, if offence is caused then report it so it can be moderated, if you choose to do your own thing then you may be subject to moderation (quite rightly). If you have a problem with moderation then report it to an admin, there's no need to make a song and dance about it publicly all the time.
    I told you once before - I ain't gonna report anybody! If you cannot see that some initial comments in a post are not appropriate then you will continue to get the feedback that the post deserves! It is only when somebody takes a stand that others can then start to offer support. These Forums were disgusting in some instances before I started challenging the inappropriate statements!

And the thread did not get off topic until you decided to remove certain posts and put them elsewhere. The initial post included an inappropriate statement that needed correcting. If the moderators would not do it then somebody else had to. If anybody is frightened off by me then it will because they have written something inappropriate about SIMS or some other software that I rate highly. Maybe next time they want help they will think twice and then ask in a more appropriate manner and, as SupportNet Users know only too well, I will willingly give what advice I can!
    Last edited by Sivadam; 26th July 2010 at 02:57 PM.

Thank Post
    Maybe the OP got scared off by the arguing, and the fact the thread was taking massively off topic not once but twice.
    Why would he be scared of an offer to help privately, which I started, right through to the bitter end?

Thank Post
    Nice one Creese!
    I wonder if we are starting to get through............
    Nah - the fog is too thick in here!
    Red rag to some Bulls, the word Capita.
    I don't think they are perfect, I think Supportnet could look and feel better. But I think that about my car, it still gets me to work and back eeryday, why spend money on something prettier.

Thank Post
    I told you once before - I ain't gonna report anybody! If you cannot see that some initial comments in a post are not appropriate then you will continue to get the feedback that the post deserves! It is only when somebody takes a stand that others can then start to offer support. These Forums were disgusting in some instances before I started challenging the inappropriate statements!
    Then you are not abiding by the rules of the forum.

Why would he be scared of an offer to help privately, which I started, right through to the bitter end?
    If i go to a room in a place i've never been before looking for help, and then a big shouting match starts not really connected to what i'm asking, then i may be scared off. Even if someone passes me a note that says they are willing to help, even if some of the help is relevant and useful, i might wonder what i'm letting myself in for.

Thank Post
    If i go to a room in a place i've never been before looking for help, and then a big shouting match starts not really connected to what i'm asking, then i may be scared off. Even if someone passes me a note that says they are willing to help, even if some of the help is relevant and useful, i might wonder what i'm letting myself in for.
    But my offer was accepted and a list of suggestions given. So that doesn't apply.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast