View Poll Results: Do you use Capita's SupportNet forum?

Voters
34. This poll is closed
  • Yes, all the time.

15 44.12%
  • Yes, sometimes.

12 35.29%
  • No, have to go through LA or other support.

3 8.82%
  • No.

3 8.82%
  • Not sure what it is.

1 2.94%
+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
MIS Systems Thread, SupportNet and Helpdesk discussion in Technical; Said or implied. You can't have it both ways. My point as your bias will not allow you to understand ...

-28° 31' 48.89", +28° 25' 37.42" ... if only.
    Thank Post
    Said or implied. You can't have it both ways. My point as your bias will not allow you to understand is.............. all my examples are as bad as each other. i am for the record no fan of Microsoft or Capita but I use both to the best of my abilities and mostly just get on with it. I do feel more confident that if I complain to Capita or ask for a change I will get it if it is a reasonable request.

I really am out now.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,486 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by creese View Post
    They just thought they would try something different, they failed, if you ask me.
    Actually I can have both 'implied' and 'said'. As in that paragraph you both implied that MS didn't do things per requests (ie. 'who asked for them?') and then said the above - a direct statement that MS just did things of their own accord.

You can say that you're out all you wish, but saying so doesn't mean anything in a discussion.

The simple fact remains - SupportNet is a mess. There is now a long list of issues with the site listed on this thread and across the site.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Actually I can have both 'implied' and 'said'. As in that paragraph you both implied that MS didn't do things per requests (ie. 'who asked for them?') and then said the above - a direct statement that MS just did things of their own accord.

You can say that you're out all you wish, but saying so doesn't mean anything in a discussion.

The simple fact remains - SupportNet is a mess. There is now a long list of issues with the site listed on this thread and across the site.
    Creese may be out but Sivadam is back in! Now back from (part)day out with drandaughter so could not support Creese earlier!

localzuk,
    I think that you are just the right person to start and attend Capita SIMS Software meetings, UAT Meetings and Field Trials. You obviously know exactly what is wrong with Capita and SIMS and SupportNet. You would be invaluable in pointing out what was wrong. And maybe you would be very surprised when Capita Staff actually listened to your well reasoned arguments. All the SIMS problems would obviously then be solved in no time at all ........... I'll no doubt see you at some of those meetings and we could share a drink or two (coffee of course!)!

All this started from a post that was not easy to find solutions to because SupportNet is no good? Ok. Go to Solution Search, Type in the phrase 'Reason 0' obviously ensuring you are looking for a SIMS.net solution. The KB I referred to jumps up and hits you in the face. Nowt could be easier than that! 30 seconds work maybe? Yes Ok! - I know that then you have to work through all the Options on the KB - but shouldn't a knowledgable Technical SIMS user know all that anyway?
    Last edited by Sivadam; 24th July 2010 at 04:31 PM.

4. Thanks to Sivadam from:

creese (23rd July 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivadam View Post
    Creese may be out be Sivadam is back in! Now back from (part)day out with drandaughter so could not support Creese earlier!

localzuk,
    I think that you are just the right pesrson to start and attend Capita SIMS Software meetings, UAT Meetings and Field Trials. You obviously to know exactly what is wrong with Capita and SIMS and SupportNet. You would be invaluable in pointing out what was wrong. And maybe you would be very surprised when Capita Staff actually listened to your well reasoned arguments. All the SIMS problems would obviously then be solved in no time at all ........... I'll no doubt see you at some of those meetings and we could share a drink or two (coffee of course!)!
    Just popped back in to say, I wouldn't hold your breath.

6. Thanks to creese from:

Sivadam (23rd July 2010)

Thank Post
    I ain't!
    LOL!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,291 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Look, here's the issue as I see it.

A great many users on edugeek find supportnet hard to use and the search function unreliable (I would include myself in that, but haven't used it in a few years)

A couple of users may disagree, and in all honesty - great for you, I'm sure once you can find your way round you can sink your teeth into it. However, just stating that users on this site are wrong and that supportnet's amazing and there isn't anything wrong with the search is hardly constructive. or helpful.

There's a lot of SIMS knowledge within our userbase, granted it may not be as heavily into profiles or timetable config, but then again for the most part we're sysadmins - and those kind of jobs are usually taken by a SIMS admin or timetabler or similar.

So, people who have had trouble with supportnet come here seeking advice - what exactly is wrong with that?

Thank Post
    Absolutely nothing!

What is a problem is those that attack MIS systems when they do not really understand how to use the software. That just gets the backs up of those that may well be the very people who can offer help!

If you can't find help on SupportNet then this Forum is of great value. There are experts here in all fields. So why upset them with some of the comments that appear. If you want help then just ask!

If you have not used SupportNet for years then give that a go again as well! My post earlier demonstrated how easy it was to get the solutions to the original question that was posed, which caused all this discussion.
    Last edited by Sivadam; 24th July 2010 at 10:46 PM.

Thank Post
    I think that you are just the right person to start and attend Capita SIMS Software meetings, UAT Meetings and Field Trials
    Only if there is a drug to remove prejudice and pre-conception first.

A couple of users may disagree
    Make that three. Probably rather more. To say it's quite difficult but I haven't used it for years seems a bit blinkered.
    Of course people should find support wherever they can if they view it to be authoritative and helpful.

I think there were three times when I found a supportnet solution deficient in some way and when it was pointed out and accepted it was corrected.
    The forums had, for the most part, people who were keen to help resolve others problems if they could including some who contribute here also.
    So no supportnet is not perfect but it is the main way of getting online support (more comprehensive than this forum) so get inside the tent and make it better if you view it to be deficient.

11. Thanks to Jeremy69 from:

Sivadam (24th July 2010)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy69 View Post

Make that three. Probably rather more. To say it's quite difficult but I haven't used it for years seems a bit blinkered.
    Of course people should find support wherever they can if they view it to be authoritative and helpful.
    The reason I haven't used it for years is because i no longer work within a school.....

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,399 Times in 1,159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    The reason I haven't used it for years is because i no longer work within a school.....
    Good point
    EduGeek allows experts who don't/can't have access to SupportNet to still share their knowledge, like Domino and GREED.

Thank Post
    Fair point but perhaps it has changed since you last used it? I think I recall installing an upgrade from 63 floppies once(and if number 62 failed you weren't well placed) but it has moved on from there

Thank Post
    I think a forum's a terrible way to get support, it's designed to get ideas etc, anyway, more help is better then less.

SupportNet is free, it's worth a look and at least it's a good way to log a call

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    Good point
    EduGeek allows experts who don't/can't have access to SupportNet to still share their knowledge, like Domino and GREED.
    SIMSwise, surely if someone has been out of SIMS for 'years' their knowledge is old knowledge. SIMS has changed a great deal in the last couple of years. I am dealing with quite different problems now compared to even 2 years ago.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy69 View Post
    Fair point but perhaps it has changed since you last used it? I think I recall installing an upgrade from 63 floppies once(and if number 62 failed you weren't well placed) but it has moved on from there
    Really, you installed supportnet from floppies? as that's what this discussion is about..

Quote Originally Posted by creese View Post
    SIMSwise, surely if someone has been out of SIMS for 'years' their knowledge is old knowledge. SIMS has changed a great deal in the last couple of years. I am dealing with quite different problems now compared to even 2 years ago.
    I'm not arguing that point, read my post again, I'm not saying "ALL LISTEN TO ME!" I'm saying whys it a problem if people wanna use Edugeek?

Thank Post
    No need to shout, I've had a hearing test apart from that fact i wasn't replying to your post.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast