+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
MIS Systems Thread, Pupil ID cards, pre-admission [Solved] in Technical; Originally Posted by matt40k Hang on, your creating school ID cards for pupils that may or may not appear at ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,785 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by matt40k View Post
    Hang on, your creating school ID cards for pupils that may or may not appear at the school?
    No, I'm doing ID cards for pupils who are confirmed to be attending. We had them here on Wednesday for their move up day.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Anyone? I've now got 4 out of 5 with photos imported into SIMS. Just the one remains!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I ended up choosing the kids manually by not filtering by reg group.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    No, I'm doing ID cards for pupils who are confirmed to be attending. We had them here on Wednesday for their move up day.
    I was always told you can't have anything but the basic details before they actually turn up on day one because of data protection. Ah well, I guess all the paper work would be signed and you can't do everything on day 1 can you. Glad you sorted it.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I was always told you can't have anything but the basic details before they actually turn up on day one because of data protection. Ah well, I guess all the paper work would be signed and you can't do everything on day 1 can you. Glad you sorted it.
    Admission forms need to be in the school's hands long before they turn up, so whoever told you that is wrong.

Thank Post
    You must have a fancy admission form if you have photos on it!! Parents normally apply for a number of schools so even if they are accepted it does mean they'll turn up, I've even heard of parents splitting up and moving away over the summer holidays. Admission forms\pre-admitted pupil records have as little information as possible. Like I said, I accept you can't do it all on day one.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    You must have a fancy admission form if you have photos on it!! Parents normally apply for a number of schools so even if they are accepted it does mean they'll turn up, I've even heard of parents splitting up and moving away over the summer holidays. Admission forms\pre-admitted pupil records have as little information as possible. Like I said, I accept you can't do it all on day one.
    We take the photos on their move up day, after we've received all the admission forms... Not to mention, this is a rural area - there aren't other schools to apply to!

Thank Post
    Give it 6 months and some chef will try and open a Free School.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,306 Times in 1,088 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Time to dig up my old thread, as it is that time of year again.

I am having an issue with one of the 5 reg groups for next year. I can find them in the drop down, but when I set the 'As on date' to next year, and filter by this reg group, I get no pupils as a result. This group is only visible if I press the 'Inactive items' button though, the rest are all existing groups.

How can I get this group to list its pupils?
    Are you sure it's active? Is it properly set up in Next Year's Pastoral Structure with students allocated? We get random issues like this each year because we have a changing number of reg groups moving up through the school. Sometimes there's an extra one, sometimes it goes down. When you run a report, either the list is not right or there is an exclamation mark next to the old group. It helps to open the report in design mode and readd the specific filter and it rechecks what should be populated on it.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    Are you sure it's active? Is it properly set up in Next Year's Pastoral Structure with students allocated? We get random issues like this each year because we have a changing number of reg groups moving up through the school. Sometimes there's an extra one, sometimes it goes down. When you run a report, either the list is not right or there is an exclamation mark next to the old group. It helps to open the report in design mode and readd the specific filter and it rechecks what should be populated on it.
    Problem is - it isn't a report I'm running, it is the bulk photo import. As far as it being set up right, I can only assume so as it is done by our admissions person who does it every year.

Thank Post
    Ah, i see. I thought it was a report to export data out into your system so you could create ID cards.
    It still sounds like there is something wrong or not live yet with the pastoral structure for next year. Was the group available/in existence last year?
    So what's your workflow with this, you import photos into SIMS then export them to your photo id system, or take them in the photo id system and then import into sims later? We do the latter? So there's no hurry to import into SIMS prior to them having admission numbers.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    Ah, i see. I thought it was a report to export data out into your system so you could create ID cards.
    It still sounds like there is something wrong or not live yet with the pastoral structure for next year. Was the group available/in existence last year?
    So what's your workflow with this, you import photos into SIMS then export them to your photo id system, or take them in the photo id system and then import into sims later? We do the latter? So there's no hurry to import into SIMS prior to them having admission numbers.
    Its a group that hasn't existed before.

The workflow is - import photos into SIMS, then run a report that gets the pupil names and photos and run them through the ID maker.

Thank Post
    Okay. It's got to be cos it's a new group, i know you worked around it, but it was just annoying me
    I don't like that import by reg group, i tried it earlier and it crashed out, chewing up all my memory. I prefer import by admission number so much easier.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12